A song i'm searching for
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A song i'm searching for

StOrM™

A song i'm searching for

Greeting's

I was going through my school days (I'm now in college) book... There are lots of books that I've kept.. Well this on was a text book of English.. It is of 7 std., which means I wrote this when I was 12.. I have written the following :

[B}"on the silver sand, I touched her hand and i asked her name........ like a flower in the desert[/B]"

Well before you get me wrong I didnt write it as a poet or something... I've written next to it.. that I heard this song today and I promise to gift my love this CD (I didnt have love till next 6 years)

SO coming to the point I tried searching the song in Google with no luck I tried different combination's like "on the silver sand" "like a flower in the desert" I downloaded almost every song that matched but none worked out... I distinctly remember the voice even today...

The main thing is these are line's of the song and they are not in order (I don't remember) but none of the results that I went through have all of the line's (doesn't matter if they are in order or no).

Finally I just anyone who might have heard of this song... remember it by any chance... Its a love song and has to be very old (not sure again)

PLEASE NEED YOUR HELP.

EDIT:
    ONE IMPORTANT THING I FORGOT TO ADD IS THAT THE SINGER WAS A "MALE" (100% sure) not a band (95 % sure)

P.S. : I know this is a public forum for computer's but I think Its okay if I write this up in "General discussion"... If anyone thinks this should be here or anywhere on the site .. let me know..
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Hey Hey,

I'm guessing since you said 12 and you're in college now that this was about 7 or 8 years ago.. is this accurate?

Also... I've noticed English isn't your first language... Was the song in English or your native language and which country are you in (might be of some help finding the song)..

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

StOrM™
    Greeting's

yes, the song was in English.

and

I'm guessing since you said 12 and you're in college now that this was about 7 or 8 years ago.. is this accurate
    Correct.

Also that the song must be old... somewhere between 1960 to 1990 (not sure if this will help in anyway)
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

Hi,

Not good news I'm afraid. I just put those phrases through over a dozen lyrics search engines and couldn't find it.

Given that some of them have databases of over 500,000 songs, it suggests that it is a pretty rare song?

This is a tough one... can you give me a genre this song would be from? what kind of music did you listen to?

My assumptions are this is from sometime around 1998-2001
    a male voice
    you may not have understood the lyrics 100% correctly

this is what I have as 2 guesses:
    Wherever She Leads
    (C ) Roger Drawdy 01 MAY 2000

Sting Desert Rose
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

i was gonna say desert rose too but there is no "on the silver sand, I touched her hand and i asked her name" part in it so you may have misunderstood that part in the song....download it and see if it rings any bells.....

Sting - Desert Rose
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

StOrM™
    Greeting's

Hey guys thanks a lot for the response.. I truly appreciate it.. Its not desert rose.. I have that song and it wasn't a voice like Sting.. Sting's voice is TOO THIN compared to the song I heard in the song..

The song was slow.. slow like old love songs.. But not too slow..

I know none of this is helping you guys much.. But sorry I really don't remember much..

Oh ya the songs is definitely old.. Also the words "ON the silver sand" were there and they were in the same order...

Thanks a lot again to everyone.. Trust me it means a lot to me...
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

StOrM™
    Greeting's

Thanks foxyloxley, but thats not the one.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

Things I've found which I only searched for on the silver sand:
    The Water Was Red - Johnny Cymbal (1961)
    MGM 12978 45rpm - Bubbled Under 3/27/61 #108 3wk

A boy met a girl on a lonely beach
    and soon they were holding hands
    they fell in love on that lonely beach
    and kissed on the silver sand

Until the water was red and the day was done
    until the water was red from the setting sun

They returned to the beach whenever they could
    and stay until the moon was bright
    and once they were swimming where the water was deep
    and the white fin came into sight

The shark had struck and disappeared
    and left his sweetheart dead
    and as he pulled her to the shore
    the mooring waves were red

Oh the water was red with what the shark done
    Yes the water was red and his love was gone

He looked towards the water and he saw the fin
    so he gently put her on the sand
    he walked to the water with a tear in his eye
    and a gleaming knife in his hand

And the water was red once again
    Yes the water was red as he walked toward his sweetheart
    with the fin in his hand

And the water was red once again
    Yes the water was red

And there was a song by Michael Rother called Silver Sands, but I don't know what the lyrics are because you can't find them on google, it's like an electronic song though.

A band called the cult had a song called A Flower In The Desert, they're like an 80s band kind of like Journey, and in the 30 second clip I had no idea what they were saying. I guess they broke up and reformed as another band called Death Cult in 1996 which had the same song.

There are a lot of people that made songs called Desert Flower. If you search on allmusic.com for Desert Flower you'll see them, it'll be the first option.