Was it worth it ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was it worth it ?

StOrM™

Was it worh it ?

Greeting's

JUST ONE QUESTION :

WAS IT REALLY WORTH IT ?

I'm talking about Death's of CIVILIAN, POLICE (IRAQI) and SOILDERS (coalition)

Civilian Death's : 41.509 (while figure's range from 39,171 to 43,846)

Police death's : 2,409

coalition SOILDER's : 2,872 (while number of wounded are appx. 22,000 +)

So total death's : 46,790

Seriously for those who have lost their loved one(s)...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4525412.stm
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

the big guys should know...

after all they planned the whole thing.

its all about one thing (oil and money) and never about human lives.

the whole thing is in more mess than it was when "you know who" was in power.
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Hmmm,

Anyone notice anything odd about those statistics?

1. All those troops, all that ordnance..............and the allies haven't managed to kill a single insurgent or supporter?

2. No breakdown of who kills whom? like these suicide bombers kill lots of civilians.............. and I am sure that there has been a lot of internal "score settling"...............there usually is after the fall of a dictatorship, even a benign one such as Yugoslavia.

EDIT: Also there is no real context. For example the figure represents about 0.15% of Iraq's population and is less than road deaths in South Africa:

http://iafrica.com/news/sa/463914.htm

After 9/11 anything is woth it, can't stop till we're done over there.

As my Business stats teacher said

"Statistics don't lie, and liars use statistics"
    =

Ask the iraqis I suppose.

So far, the bodies of 400,000 people have shown up in mass graves, including 180,000 ethnic Kurds. (This figure doesn't even count for torture or rape victims). Also, no longer are record setting numbers (literally, Iraq had the world record) of people "disappearing".

Oh! And those were civilian casualties alone. That doesnt count deaths from tabun and other chemical agents (Iraq-Iran War). So I ask, whatever the pretexts, was it worth it ?
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

I guess defending yourself is never worth it.
    Resistance is useless. I for one welcome our new
    Dalek overlords etc etc.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Unfortunately RC Iraq isn't about defending yourselves. Afgahanistan was and is. All Iraq was about was giving Bush an easy victory to increase his ratings and justifying the fact that him and every president from now on have been voted wartime powers. Oh and probably about bowing down to your saudi arabian overlords.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

After 9/11 anything is woth it, can't stop till we're done over there.
    I disagree with this statement completely. We aren't even fighting a war with people that had ANYTHING to do with 9/11.. Hell, the reasons we're over there (both the suspect reasons and the reasons our president gives out) don't have anything to do with 9/11 at all. Sure, he finds a way to tie it in, but hell.. It doesn't take a genius to use fear as a tool.

Oh, and we should have stopped a LONG time ago.

EDIT: I'm moving this to Cosmos, it really belongs there.. Not only does it belong there (IMO) but also because of this discussion I feel it should be in a forum where its typically tradition for AP's not to be in the thread.. and in this thread where people state opinions, thoughts, feelings.. no AP's should be involved. Just my thought.
    Space For Rent.. =]

If iraq where about defending ourselfvs things would be different, as things stand now, no one wnats to die to make oil men richer....hell we are no talking about abandoning democracy in iraq and installing a new "big man" type leader...its time ot cut bait and get out.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Heh, just really quick.. I appreciate the greens, but yeah.. I got greens on a post saying AP's shouldn't be in Cosmos. How ironic? :P Anyways...

If iraq where about defending ourselfvs things would be different, as things stand now, no one wnats to die to make oil men richer....hell we are no talking about abandoning democracy in iraq and installing a new "big man" type leader...its time ot cut bait and get out.
    I semi-agree, I mean.. how do you call this aggressive "offense" against Iraq us defending ourselves? Theres a huge difference between defending yourself and attacking suspect countries. Bah, my argument still is who the hell are we to decide if another nation needs a new leader or government? Do we look at every countries leaders/elections and say, "Well, if we don't like who wins or who is in office, perhaps we should put one of our own in there instead or someone we can control." because seriously we might aswell.
    Space For Rent.. =]