Thread: DNS Server acting up

Unhappy DNS Server acting up

Hello all,
    I have been kinda thrown to the wolves on our network. I have tons of experience on routers and switches and now I guess it is my turn to work on servers and such. I have a problem with our DNS server. Now keep in mind I just learned how to spell DNS server yesterday haha.

Anyway, the DNS server stops working ocasionally and the only thing I can do to fix it is clear the cashe. I have done some searching on the subject and all I can find is that microsoft stated that they have fixed this problem with service pack 1, but I have already installed that and more. I can't recall the OS and all the details but I will give more info as soon as I can get it. From the top of my head I think we are running Win 2003 server on most of the servers. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you recieving any event viewer log entries when the server stops working? More details would be helpful in trying to get you a solution.

Not that I can tell, that is the funny thing about it. I'm going to check it again right now and see if I can get back in a few hours. I should have a ton more info then. THanks

We were able to fix it. Just took some reloading of the actual DNS. Thanks for your time. If I have any additional questions I'll be sure to give all the info up front.