September 21st, 2006, 11:39 PM
What kind of issues can I expect from new Job? :)
Hey guys, I'm going to start my new job, in a big building running around fixing computer/printer issues and such in a Win 2000/XP environment. I was wondering what kind of issues will I be encountering most likely, you think? So I can be prepared ahead of time. Thanks.
September 22nd, 2006, 01:35 PM
Accidently deleted files
Domain logon issues
How the hell do I use...... feature with ...... application
why does ..... application lose my files when I dont save them
Internet access problems..
- Why is bigboobs.com not accessable, but Sam in accounts can access it..
- Lost mail, deleted mail, miss-sent mail
- cant access mail, account errors
Sticky mice, stuck keys on Keyboard... application lockups
then we get to hardware/OS issues
"Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr
September 22nd, 2006, 01:49 PM
Hi kyrios, I won't bother to add to Undies~ list, although I most certainly could!.
My advice is to wait and see when you get there. A lot will depend on what you "inherit" so to speak.
1. User education and general computer literacy.
2. Standardisation of software deployments.
3. Standardisation of hardware deployments.
4. Formal software updating procedures.
5. IT or User control over software deployment.
6. Availability of tools such as remote support applications, reference machines etc.
7. Your SLAs.
8. Their AUPs.
That is the top level; problems in the detail tend to originate up here
If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?