Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbies-which anti-spyware not to use

Hmmmm,

I don't like spy sweeper. They have a pop-up that claims that it is free but you have to buy it to remove anything.
    Since when has that happened? Last time I used it, it worked for a while but you could NOT update the patterns ?............... and it nagged you about that

Strange thing was, that the interactive protection would still load. Most other stuff tends to kill off interactive protection, automatic updating and scheduled scanning................. I guess their marketeers are aiming at lazy folks?

Greeting's

Nihil, umask666 is correct.. Got this information from a review on Download.com... Why did he get banned... Just curious

However, without the option to remove, this trial is useless for clearing your computer of malware unless you buy the full version. Though it's mostly a passive demo, this is definitely a piece of software we consider worth the money--the paid version is excellent. Anyone concerned with keeping malicious software off his or her computer should not bother with this trial unless you want to sample the program features with the intent of buying the full version.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.