Thread: Wipe.exe

Wipe.exe

I've been using wipe.exe for a few years now, and it's a great little file shredding app (~45K!) that runs from a Windows command line. I'd like to know if anyone else here has used this program, and if so, could you tell me if there is some sort of documentation for it. I've been searching the web all night, and can't seem to find any trace of this program anywhere; it's as if it doesn't exist!

Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: I found it! The program is included in the most excellent TIF-CLN, from spywarewarrior.com

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    What would be nice is for you to maybe provide a little detail about the features of the tool and perhaps some links to documentation and DLs. Maybe how you use it or how you've verified the claims of the tool?

Anyway. Just a thought.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

But of course...it was late when I posted that, so here are some details:

TIF-CLN works by putting a batch file in your Windows folder, and runs at system startup. It is meant for removing temp files, using either deltree or wipe (the choice is given during installation); but the best thing about this package is wipe.exe, a 45KB file shredder that runs from a Windows command prompt. It can use several different deletion methods, from a quick delete to a more secure DOD-standard removal of unwanted files. I've been using the switches /szxy /mf, and it seems to do the trick. This will include subdirectories, empty folders, hidden/read-only files, automation (no "Yes" prompts), and uses a "sequence of 35 consecutive writes to erase data".

I've attached the documentation file for your perusal (wipe.txt).

What other features are you looking for besides whats in the text file?

It seems to be self explainitory for what you're doing with it

I was looking for more comprehensive documentation, as the built-in help is pretty sparse, and I wanted to find out all I could about this program. I've had the file for so long that I forgot where I got it from, and Google was being a bitch, until I ran across an old favorite site of mine: spywarewarrior.com.