Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse is acting crazy

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by virus24*7
    Hi
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    This is an new mouse, optical mouse connected to PS/2 port.
    One of the mantras of engineers:

If an item is new, it could still be broken.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Quote Originally Posted by steve.milner
    One of the mantras of engineers:

If an item is new, it could still be broken.

Steve
    While this is probably true and should not be discoutend as with all the other advice given here, check in your hardware device manager if this device is not being recognised as a usb generic hardware storage device. i had the same issue yesterday with an optical usb mouse that worked at boot up on my lappie and then all of a sudden stopped, working, after a reboot, should everything as A ok. On re-installation it wanted to install itself as a storage device. downloaded a new driver for the mouse and voila .... my 2 cents....
    HO$H Pagamisa. Pro Amour Ludi....

Ok Stop whipping a Dead Horse:
    This is an new mouse, optical mouse connected to PS/2 port. I have tried to change all the kind of mouse pads with different coating but no satisfied result. I have also tried by connecting the same mouse on different machine but same thing its not working.
    It has already been mentioned.. the prime clue is THE FAULT APPEARED ON ANOTHER PC... If it isnt working reliably on another PC then it is a almost 100% certain FSKED.. regardless how new it may be..
    The is a possability of probs on your PC, But you havent answered the Question does another (a known good working unit) mouse work reliably on your PC? Yes? well stop wasting your time ..DOA (Dead On Arrival) the Mouse before your ability to DOA it pass.. If the known good mouse has issues.. then you have 2 problems.. dont you?
    Last edited by Und3ertak3r; November 13th, 2006 at 09:04 AM.
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr