Thread: DHCP Problems - Cisco router

DHCP Problems - Cisco router

Howdy,

Me again ......

Having problems with the c877w not assigning addresses from the DHCP pool. Not sure why. I am not able to get the address from the pool. below an extract.

The other problem I have at another site is that the IP connectivity keeps dropping. Same setup as below with a switch inbetween router and workstations.

< extract from config >

!
    no ip dhcp use vrf connected
    ip dhcp excluded-address 172.18.43.1 172.18.43.128
    !
    ip dhcp pool mynetwork
    import all
    network 172.18.43.0 255.255.255.0
    domain-name mydomain.com
    dns-server 172.18.18.65 172.18.16.65
    default-router 172.18.43.1
    netbios-name-server 172.18.18.65 172.18.16.65
    !
    !
    interface BVI1
    ip address 172.18.43.1 255.255.255.0
    ip nat inside
    ip virtual-reassembly
    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
    !

< end of extract >
    .....I rather not say....

bradlesliect i dont know about your dhcp issue unless there is a rouge dhcp server on the network how ever for your other issue i have an idea. I once had to fix a network with much the same issue as it turned out the switch was bad and was dropping random packets. If i pinged the gateway with 60 packets of a size of about 8000k i would lose about 6-10 of them which was enough to cause network drops. I found this by pinging from differnt devices on the network and once i took the switch offline and put in a new one every thing was great. I may be totaly off but its a start. The one i had to replace was a 16 port Linksys switch from dell. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    ...."Cant stop the signal Mel, Every thing goes some where and i go every where."...... "From here to the eyes and the ears of the verse, thats my motto or might be if i start having a motto" - Mr. Universe "Serenity"

1. Would it be safe to assume your ethernet interface is configured as 172.18.43.x as well?

2.What kind of switch is it and how many devices are plugged into the switch?

3. Is it not assigning addresses at all or just stops serving address?

4. Is this a new install?

After looking at your configuration again, I would take out the "import all" seeing that you are specifying your DNS servers.