Thread: Need help about phoenix BIOS

Need help about phoenix BIOS

Hi,

I need help to change the BIOS Password, I Forgott My Old BIOS Password Please Help Me. I Want Install A Sound Card on my Machine.

Have you tried the backdoor passwords for the phoenix BIOS? Some BIOS manufacturers implement a backdoor password. The backdoor password is a BIOS password that works, no matter what the user sets the BIOS password to.

Phoenix BIOS backdoor passwords include BIOS, CMOS, phoenix, and PHOENIX.

If you cannot access the machine after this attempt, it is still possible to get past the BIOS password. The BIOS password is stored in CMOS memory that is maintained while the PC is powered off by a small battery, which is attached to the motherboard. If you remove this battery (keep it out for awhile), all CMOS information (including the BIOS password) will be lost. You will need to re-enter the correct CMOS setup information to use the machine.

Good luck.

Cheers:
    DjM

Just install the soundcard...............it will probably work

I guess you have AC97 onboard sound.......that has started to belly up of late......... I just install a cheap sound card

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Hi,

I need help to change the BIOS Password, I Forgott My Old BIOS Password Please Help Me. I Want Install A Sound Card on my Machine.
    Desktop or notebook?

Excellent reply DjM. Also, I would just like to add some computer manufactures such as Sony have programs that they use to assist customers who 'forget' their BIOS password.

Usually, if you give the rep the serial number on the bottom the notebook/back of the desktop they can use a program that will give you a temporary password to at least be able to access the BIOS. Thats if you feel kind of iffy about opening the system up. Some people don't care some are scared to death.

.02 worth...

Some boards have a jumper to do the trick for you.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

You can also try small utilities like clrcmos.exe to clear your cmos.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers