Thread: Ebay??

Ebay??

I've seen quite a few auctions dealing with hacking; all proposed as tuturals. Anyone know if these are legit? I have the feeling the seller is a hacker himself/herself, and once you get the product; THEY HAVE YOU! Is this a gimic to reel you in and for them to hack your box? Thanks

My recommendation... there is no easy way to become a "hacker" What you should do is define what it is you want to accomplish then figure out what skills are involved. Then understand the very basics behind those principles and build up from there. That is the only true way to figure out what you are doing but by all means... I would be more than happy to sell you something
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

I agree with spyrus...sorta. There isn't really any easy way to become a 'hacker', but it's incredibly easy to become some little script kiddy using google.
    I have my CCNA and i'm currently working towards my CCNP and CSSP.

Ok i will be specific. I bought a newly built pc on ebay. The box cam fully loaded with win xp pro. there are also a few programs that are also included. The problem i am having, is my dsl is quite a bit slower than my other pc. I've been told that possibly the seller may have planted a trojan on the pc to track or gather info of my passwords, personal ifo, etc...So i just went back to my old pc. Maybe i just need some software to run on the new pc to clean it up or just make a clean sweep of the hardrive and re-install the operating system. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Here a few tools i use personaly,

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ (Adware/Spyware removal)

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...-10122137.html (Adware/spyware removal)

http://www.grisoft.com/ (Free antivirus software)

Once they have been installed make sure they are upto date with the latest updates and if the owner of the pc you purchased did leave any thing undesirable behined it will more then likely be picked up by these programs and be removed.

Banned
    Personally i would just do a clean re-install.
    That way i would know for sure that the system is completely clean and there would be a very very slim chance of anything hanging around after the format, repartition and re-install of the XP.

But then again i'm just paranoid when it comes to that sort of stuff..

I agree with acidtone i do the same thing with any computer that i own even if its brand new from alienware or dell or sony i dont want any of their crap on it and i find they run much smoother. I think that would be your best course of action
    ...."Cant stop the signal Mel, Every thing goes some where and i go every where."...... "From here to the eyes and the ears of the verse, thats my motto or might be if i start having a motto" - Mr. Universe "Serenity"

Thank you much! I downloaded the spybot, and got just over 60 hits! So i went ahead and did the clean install of xp pro. I'm trying another program called spy doctor, along with the spybot, i ran a clean bill of health on my new box. So everything is good.

That's awesome man, grats on the new box. But, when you say you want to become a hacker (I am assuming that is what you are meaning) are you talking about the guy that breaks into systems for your own personal need/greed (technically called a cracker), or the savvy programmer guy that solves problems and helps people (people will agree with me the real definition of Hacker, the innovative technological savvy guy)

In my personal opinion, becoming a hardcore cracker is a waste of your knowledge and skillset god-given to you. I do understand that knowledge of these skills will ultimatly make you better in your chosen field of security or whatever. What I say though, devote your time to something more profitable to yourself and other people in the long run. Becoming a hardcore cracker will just earn you some comfy cell time, or probation, or some banning from the one technology you love, or a fine, or a combination of all mentioned. Do something worthwhile my friend, or you may regret it as you ponder in your room of steel.

Assuming one's motives or intentions has no merrit! I inquired about Ebay auctions, and hacking software for sale. When asked for a more specific reason, i gave one. So going to the other end of the spectrum of fantasyland made NO SENSE. They do however state in every auction dealing with hacking, that it is for learning. I also know the seller does have to follow the rules and regs of Ebay and use this disclaimer; however, some of the person's selling are legit as i have found. I have also found out the same tools hackers use, are also used by the so called GOOD GUYS??? But i dont see them threatened with the steel box Anyways thanks so much for your motherly concern....but i'll stick with using my pc for fun and surfing as i always have...good day!