September 29th, 2006 08:32 PM
After going through the procedures in that link, the final result looks like this..
GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2006-09-29 at 19:30:58
Results from scan of ports: 0-1055
3 Ports Open
1053 Ports Closed
0 Ports Stealth
1056 Ports Tested
NO PORTS were found to be STEALTH.
Ports found to be OPEN were: 21, 23, 80
Other than what is listed above, all ports are CLOSED.
TruStealth: FAILED - NOT all tested ports were STEALTH,
- NO unsolicited packets were received,
- A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.
September 30th, 2006 12:25 PM
What I think I'm reading is - ports 21,23 and 80 are still open even after disabling the services on your PC....and there are no Stealthed ports
A couple of things are happening -
1) Your PC is connected directly to the internet - there is no router.
2) It is the router that is highly unsecure and should be replaced.
3) We could be missing major information gaps. Such as what other programs/services are running, what are the exact pieces of equipment in place.
Get a very technical friend to physically check out your set up.
Pay a network pro to check your setup.
Disconnect from the internet whenever possible. Do not leave your connection Always on.
September 30th, 2006 02:35 PM
Can I get an online help from my friends over there through NetMeeting?