Thread: Network Issues

Network Issues

I Am working in Small orgnisation which has almost 30 to 40 machines but I am able to Access All Machines Through Network But No One Able To Access my Machine And I Am not Able To solve that Problem.

Please Help Me About this. I Am Totaly Helpless so please

I'm not an expert so I can't help you with this
    But for others to help you, you have to give some more information.

Cheerio!
    Got it Memorized?

1. Turn off your firewall.

2. Turn on file and printer sharing.

AOs Resident Troll
    Is this a domain...???

add authenticated users to the local user group

domain admins should be in the administrators group

share something

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

DO I read it right that you can access all other machines on a network but no one can access yours?

With having 30 - 40 PC's I would think that this is an office network?
    Have you spoke to the network admin, or are you the network admin?
    There may be a valid reason no one can access yours.....
    Is it a share you want people to be able to access, or is it access via remote terminal, VNC etc?
    It this a domain or a workgroup?
    What O/S?

Ok man first step.. You need to find out who your network admin is. The reason is that it his network and you are playing in his world. They dont take kindly to you making changes and giving your self access to things. Your system may be set up that way for a reason. That being said here is what i would do.....

It would apear that you have a peer to peer network setup. That means there is no central server and every computer is equal to every other computer on the network. Ie.... they all have the same power.

It would appear that you need to set up file and printer sharing on your computer.

Go start to controll pannel and open up windows firewall, Click on the exceptions tab and make sure file and printer sharing are checked. This should open you up to the rest of the network. At that point every one will be abled to see your shared files folder.

Please dont take this the wrong way but since you dont know much about this i wouldnt go setting up any shared folders other then the default. Its a security issue.

I will stress again FIND your SYSTEM ADMIN as im going to assume this is not your computer and you shouldnt be playing with it. Im sure he can fix the problem for you very quicly if you are to have access. Hope this helps - TheX1le

Hi,

I'm really sorry. Ill rephrase my question. All the PC's get accessed by RealVnc. I can access all the PC's using RealVnc.

But none of them can access my PC on Filesharing.. I mean they can access the PC using VNC. There is no firewall on the local system and I confirmed with an administrator that routers allow filesharing.

All PC's have Windows XP professional with Service pack 2.. Sorry for the poor english in the above posts, although not an excuse I was drunk and was working for more then 48 hours.

Go the Sharing and Security > Permissions of the folder you want to share and make sure the relevent people/groups are in there, with the right level of functionality.......are you running a firewall? If so, what one?

Your network admin should really be doing this for you.........

1.Affirm that 135,139,445 port is open, and can be access ,you can use a scan tool on another PC.
    2.Affirm that your GUEST account not disable.
    3.Affirm that have not deny GUEST access from network .you can find it in GPO.
    Bless my homeland forever...