Thread: Ashampoo firewall

Question Ashampoo firewall

http://www.ashampoo-root03.com/webca...ct_2_0050_.htm

Yesterday i found this firewall and installed it.(win xp home box)

Read about it and it looks good.

But how good is it?

HotSpot

Is this another sales pitch like http://www.antionline.com/showthread...315#post879315

btw, negging is a part of ao and accept it. if you react, someone is bound to counter it some time.

there are two kind of negging, first is, if the assigner feels negative about that post (and has every right to do so, after all its democracy!) and second is negging for balancing out. I wasnt balancing out.

cheers
    Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

Originally posted here by chizra
    HotSpot

Is this another sales pitch like http://www.antionline.com/showthread...315#post879315

btw, negging is a part of ao and accept it. if you react, someone is bound to counter it some time.

there are two kind of negging, first is, if the assigner feels negative about that post (and has every right to do so, after all its democracy!) and second is negging for balancing out. I wasnt balancing out.

cheers
    Wow... yer whiny enough to be a moderator.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Originally posted here by chizra
    HotSpot

cheers
    Since when is a sales pitch needed for freeware?
    FOR FREE!FOR FREE!FOR FREE!FOR FREE!FOR FREE!

And with this kind of smart talk you send me along with the neg?

wasnt google a more appropriate tool for this stupid query?

Anyone would get angry.

I simply would like some oppinion from the people from antionline!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and for the neg?
    I m 43 years old and have much more important things to worry about than a negggg........pfffff

Goodnight folks..........Godspeed

What exactly happened just now?

/me opens another bottle of Jack Daniels
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Is this another sales pitch like http://www.antionline.com/showthrea...9315#post879315

You forgot the third type of Negs......'for people blatantly fishing for greenies, trying to sound good by belittling someone else'. And the forth type ' for wasting 10 inches of otherwise decent space in a thread with a load of crap'.......... see if you moan about getting them……

Hotspot - I found it to be on par with zonealarm for installation and configuration. It is more customizable than ZA in the sense of rules per application/port/process etc

I haven't used it long enough to say it is 100% decent.....but I quite like it and have replaced ZA with it for the time being.

Heh... APs are meaningless, especially with the new limits.

****... I remember when I added up all of my accounts. Posts, APs, everything. I was damn near top ten for everything. But, what the hell have I really done that's so damn special?

My d0pp139an93r account is still on the second page of Top 25 posters.

Originally posted here by Synful
    Heh... APs are meaningless, especially with the new limits.

****... I remember when I added up all of my accounts. Posts, APs, everything. I was damn near top ten for everything. But, what the hell have I really done that's so damn special?

My d0pp139an93r account is still on the second page of Top 25 posters.
    Wow....the site censor thingy will xxx out P o o p but allow ****...for ****s sake (p o o p s sake)...

On Topic... it looks fairly new, so not much has been written up about yet, but give it time and I am sure there will be some holes punched into it..

Cons: I am very sorry for this. In my last review of Ashampoo Firewall Version 1.02, I thought that I had tested it against Sygate Security Check, but I did not actually do that. I was in a hurry, took my laptop to the company that I work for, connected it to the internet and made some scans with Sygate Security Check. Every port was in stealth mode. I totally forgot that there existed another firewall, the one that belongs to the company! It was this firewall, and not Ashampoos, that was in stealth mode! I had already written the review before I realized this. Silly! I apologize! Very sorry! Now, at last, I got a new chance with this new version, and it is not in stealth mode. I think this is very bad! Xps own firewall is in stealth mode! You can, as an alternative, activate both firewalls and your PC will be in stealth mode. Windows Security Centre does not, either, recognize this firewall. That is bad too.
    http://www.download.com/Ashampoo-Fir...-10583357.html

Also, their is a paid version, and normally what is left out of the free version ( a teaser) is only available in the paid version.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Originally posted here by HotSpot
    I m 43 years old and have much more important things to worry about than a negggg........pfffff

I wouldn't like to re-open this, your pm differed completely from your view nicely quoted above.

maybe marketing working here as well. being good in a thread and opposite elsewhere.

Nokia, Since you are quite a senior enough guy, i possibly can only take your sarcastic comment sarcastic with a pinch of salt

cheers
    Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

Well... JupM is scared of the word p00p.

Everytime the word is posted... You know who makes a new account...