Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little help needed

A little help needed

Ok well while connected to this network, i can't do traceroute, or ping, or use a diff. proxy to connect to the internet. I'm guessing itz cuz there's a firewall, and its blocking direct access to the internet unless u go through the school proxy. Is this right do u think? or have they actually blocked pinging and tracerouting? Cuz i've tried tracerouting to the mail server at school from home, but after 9 hops, it can't get anything afterwards.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Ok well while connected to this network, i can't do traceroute, or ping, or use a diff. proxy to connect to the internet. I'm guessing itz cuz there's a firewall, and its blocking direct access to the internet unless u go through the school proxy. Is this right do u think?

Is this right do u think? or have they actually blocked pinging and tracerouting? Cuz i've tried tracerouting to the mail server at school from home, but after 9 hops, it can't get anything afterwards.
    It sounds like your schools computers are 'restricted,' which is a good thing. (for several obvious reasons). Also, if after 9 hops it can't get anything afterwards sounds like it found a 'configured' router. Meaning, security is in place or just configured 'properly.'

What type of proxy server are you trying to use? I am assuming 'http'. If so, any free one on the net should work perferably those 'high anonymity' ones (which assist a little bit). Just disable cookies in your web browser first, then configure the proxy server to work with your browser.

*PS* If the computers are 'restricted' you shouldnt even be able to access command prompt, or access IE options to configure a proxy server. Unless, you use something like http://www.g2p.org/

and surf from behind there, but applications such as squid can easily pervent you from accessing it. One more tip, even if your able to get to this site all cookies are still stored on your schools server.

Banned
    Cuz i've tried tracerouting to the mail server at school from home, but after 9 hops, it can't get anything afterwards.
    Are you implying what i think you are implying here.?

why do you need to traceroute your schools mail server from your home computer for.?

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Are you implying what i think you are implying here.?
    And whats that? I must be a little slow this early in the morning. Is it, connecting to his schools mail server to send 'fake' email? or *attempting* to breach the schools system through the schools mail server?

why do you need to traceroute your schools mail server from your home computer for.?

Yea, why are you doing this from your 'home' computer? Heres a better idea, click on start, go to run, type telnet mail.school.net 25

Now you should be directly connected to the schools mail server running on port 25.

I'm not a "his" , i'm a "hers"

OHHHH...well that makes all the difference in the world then
    =

and i already know about SMTP, there's a separate mail server and main server

thnx computernerd22

Originally posted here by Troulz
    I'm not a "his" , i'm a "hers"
    Are you hot?
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

after seeing some of your posts troulz i am firmly convinced you'd have been better off just drying in your mama's ass crack
    /dev/humor: not found