Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft's new anti-piracy technology...

Anyone going to open a book on how long it takes for that to be cracked and worthless?
    Hmmm... how about how long until malware writers mess with the windows activation and/or product key to start locking users out of their own PCs.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    Hmmm... how about how long until malware writers mess with the windows activation and/or product key to start locking users out of their own PCs.
    Oh.. the future of the kidnapware.. Pay us 50 dollars and get your Windows back

But indeed.. Just like when XP came out.. It'll be hacked and cracked before it ever crosses a counter..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    So for all of us upgraders and modders how many changes can we make before our genuine license is considered "un genuine"?

I legitimitely own 3 copies of XP and 1 Win2000. One of these boxes, the only orignal piece is the 3.5 floppy (nostalgic reasons) and the case. That key has only been registered once and it was registered to me.

Time to migrate.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

This is GOOD for open source software...

time to switch is now
    /dev/humor: not found

Originally posted here by very_unhappy
    This is GOOD for open source software...

time to switch is now
    I agree. People in the markets that are not paying for it won't be able to afford it. Who cares if they release a version with fewer features... My buddy from Serbia says he doesn't know a single person who actually owns any software out there. They make less than $200 euros a month... you think they're going to spend it on software? They have clothing, food and housing to take care of first. They pirate EVERYTHING. He actually bought his first peice of legit software when he was in the states. He felt like he had to since he was making enough money while he was here.

The more difficult they make it for the people that can't afford it the better. Those people won't pay for it because they still can't afford it. Who is going to work one whole month just to use the OS? Then two more months just to type up a word/excel doc?

Guys in the US think its crazy they have to save two months salary for that diamond ring if they want to get engaged. You think people will feel that way about software?

I personally think more and more people will make the switch to linux and open office. Either that, or simply not upgrade from XP. I have no reason to upgrade to vista... except maybe to just keep up with the OS so I can work on people's boxes that do have it. I'm not recommending anyone to upgrade though...

I actually still prefer 2000 over XP! lol
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

quote phishphreek80

I personally think more and more people will make the switch to linux and open office.

I will make the switch,if i can download a linux with wine pre-installed and EVERY win 32 app/game runs on it!

Since i don t want to spend time to learn linux only this will make me switch.

For me an OS is like a car........i want to drive it without learning all the inns and outs.

Then I simply asked them if all the software they ever used in learning all that they did about computers was properly licensed and paid for.
    Well, I don't know if it has changed, but even with XP ( when I first started using it ) as I recall allowed for 30 day installs for learning purposes.

I have installed my licensed copy on other machines a few times to see how XP would react to different things such as partitioning software, drivers, updates, etc., and all was acceptable within the EULA as long as I deleted it when I was finished learning .

If it wasn't I don't think there would be any admin that wasn't in violation!

I wonder how many people really understood the question?
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

I am actually enjoying reading about Micro$oft in the news... It is like reading the Sunday comics.
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

My buddy from Serbia says he doesn't know a single person who actually owns any software out there.
    No one using Windows owns their software. They own a license (perhaps!) to use it under certain conditions, nothing more. No one save for ass't programmers and software companies own software. No one.

The Great Illusion.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Originally posted here by brokencrow
    No one using Windows owns their software. They own a license (perhaps!) to use it under certain conditions, nothing more. No one save for ass't programmers and software companies own software. No one.

The Great Illusion.
    Ok, you got me there. But, you know what I meant.
    Nobody pays for the "privledge" to use the software.