Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hacker Wanted

Thumbs up Hacker Wanted

Hi, I'm looking for a hacker who can temporarily take down a website. Someone purchased my name and made what i consider to false and unsubstantiated claims on it. I'm going the legal route to take it down, but while the wheels of justice slowly turn, I'd like the site to have some temporary difficulties. The website is www.paulmcmann.com Thanks

Developer Extraordinar
    Don't you think hacking it would kind of mess up your legal battle? I do. Go the legal route if you really want to, though I don't think you'd get very far that way. No one here is going to hack a site for you, and no one here is going to tell you how to hack it. This is not a hacking site... this is hardly a security site, it's more of a computing site. If you really want someone to hack it, find another site, and pay some shady guy a lot of money.

enmand

I'd like the problem taken care of. Sorry you don't agree with the method, but I believe the ends justify the means. I'm a month into it on the legal road, and that too has cost a lot of money. Quite frankly, I think this will be much cheaper; however, it will only be a temporary solution. If you know some of those websites, I'll take my chances.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Sorry you don't agree with the method, but I believe the ends justify the means. I'm a month into it on the legal road, and that too has cost a lot of money. Quite frankly, I think this will be much cheaper; however, it will only be a temporary solution. If you know some of those websites, I'll take my chances.
    And are you ready to go to jail for it? Is it really worth that?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    just buy a new name
    gotta be cheaper in the long run ??

also whats to stop 'hacker' from coming after YOU
    after all, you've just told us you don't know dick
    AND you have money

bite the bullet
    let it go
    try again

this time try harder
    like not letting ownership slide
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Who is going to bring the complaint? An anoumous sole?

Will take the advice on buying up the other names, but that still doesn't solve the immediate problem. I've tried to be patient, but can no longer wait. Just give me a little help and I'll take responsbility after the fact.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Let's try the ISP that is hosting it. They are, technically, the "innocent soul" in between. It's their business and they won't take too kindly to this kind of activity. Additionally, it may thwart your legal action.

I take it it's this site: http://paulmcmann.com/ that is of concern? I'm pretty sure Go Daddy wouldn't take it too kindly if you violated their DNS and/or webservers.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

RAbuseHandle: ABUSE51-ARIN
    RAbuseName: Abuse Department
    RAbusePhone: +1-480-624-2505
    RAbuseEmail: abuse@godaddy.com

RNOCHandle: NOC124-ARIN
    RNOCName: Network Operations Center
    RNOCPhone: +1-480-505-8809
    RNOCEmail: noc@godaddy.com

RTechHandle: NOC124-ARIN
    RTechName: Network Operations Center
    RTechPhone: +1-480-505-8809
    RTechEmail: noc@godaddy.com

Call those numbers and see if you can have something done. Much smarter than getting arrested for something so simple.

Paul,

The site doesn't seem to actually do anything ......... like the links don't work? or is that my paranoid setup?

Your name is an Irish clan name, so is quite widespread?

Really, until you can demonstrate some harm, you don't have much of a case? certainly not to attempt something illegal..........

Nice face..........shame about the hat .........

Chill out my friend, remember that by responding you acknowledge that they have hit their target?

Johnno