Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: AO Downtime....

Quote Originally Posted by chizra

some of the links in the site menu are down (newsletter, IP locator, top links list etc) and are giving 404 errors. not good for a site as old and as reputed as ao.

i find almost two of everything crammed on the front page. Two search forum links (one animated). While quick links is offering me everything that is already available elsewhere on the frontpage realty! Im talking about buddy list, UCP, PM's etc! Prolly, if there was less duplication, it would decram the whole place..

I miss the Last Reply Link.

Stats Box could do with some more stats apart from the Top Poster. It looks a bit flat!

I don't think that that particular stat is going to change even after a long time! @nihil

Virus Updates is missing it's yellow box and looks out of place.

There are two logout buttons! and Two Login Boxes! Fo wha?

Home Page Link while browsing Forum?

Is it possible to replace the word reputation with AntiPoint/s? Just for old times sake? Its also less funny!

I got some answers. still confused about some.
    Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    This is the interface. Won't be appreciably different at that time.
    I'm out!

Quote Originally Posted by Soda_Popinsky
    I'm out!
    Hi!

It probably would'nt hurt to be a bit more patient. I guess the admins and the mods have been working their b*tts off for this and have been patiently around to sooth the nerves of us cry babies

Primarily, everyone including me is complaining about the interface.

Rome aint built in a day!
    Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

Try dumping cookies and offline content.
    done, done and done again.. problem constant.. have been too busy at work to play around with this problem..

Me thinks I will just visit as a guest.. i dont post much any how.. so loging on isnt that dambed important..

This upgrade is like visiting an upgraded cinima, where the projector isnt fully installed, as too the Seats.. it is able to show a movie.. but the experience exactly upto the audience's expectations.... I'll stand this one out thanks..

Rome aint built in a day!
    the quote was "Rome wasn't Built in a Day".. but Jup Media is in the entertainment industry.. piss off the audience you lose the audience.. MGM wont release the raw footage of prospective blockbuster movie.. the same is true for a company who's business is forum based websites..
    Personaly.. it would be better Jup admitt the upgrade didnt go so well.. and we will get things to an acceptable level with in a few days... and here is how you can live with the problems in the mean time..
    Last edited by Und3ertak3r; October 18th, 2006 at 12:04 PM.
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Staying logged in??

I too am having problems staying logged in today. Is there some sort of user timeout in this version? If so what is the timeout set to and can we (the users) modify our own timeout?

Cheers:
    DjM

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You know, I was having this issue yesterday to some degree. It took some cleaning of Firefox to resolve it. But I also suspect some cached cookie/web stuff from my ISP doing something as well.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

It seems to be a firefox only issue. I tried yesterday and even with remember me checked, the next time I opened the site I wasn't logged in. I have no domains blocked in FF so the cookies should be getting through. So far no problems with IE or Opera. There's a lot of little things to be done yet, so I'll explore this further as I'm able to.

It seems to be a firefox only issue. I tried yesterday and even with remember me checked, the next time I opened the site I wasn't logged in. I have no domains blocked in FF so the cookies should be getting through. So far no problems with IE or Opera. There's a lot of little things to be done yet, so I'll explore this further as I'm able to.
    I am using IE 6.0 JP and I have done the old clear the cookie thing and the problem still seems to be there. Like I said, its almost like a timeout. If I am busy on the site I am fine but if I am busy with other things (yes I do have a job), and come back....poof....I'm out.

Cheers:
    DjM

And do you have remember me checked when you log in? I can't see why the session would be ended. I've yet to see that happen and I'm sometimes idle on a given forum for an hour. Never been bounced off yet.

And do you have remember me checked when you log in? I can't see why the session would be ended. I've yet to see that happen and I'm sometimes idle on a given forum for an hour. Never been bounced off yet.
    No JP, I don't 'remember me' checked and I have been bumped 3 times this morning. Didn't have the problem (as I recall) yesterday.

Cheers:
    DjM