Thread: company getting cell phone number

Question company getting cell phone number

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum or not so sorry if it isn't. I recieved a call on my cell phone today from Capital one credit services. We have put our cell phones on the national no call list for cellular numbers, and we never gave out our cell number to them. I informed them of this, and told them we never gave them this number.. My question is does anyone know how they could've gotten my number? When I asked them how they got my number, they would not anser me. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanx:
    Mike

Banned
    The first thing coming to my mind is that your cellular service provider sells it's customer list to marketing companies.

My 2 cents

AOs Resident Troll
    Did they know your name???

If not it could just be a random generated number....kinda like a password generator...only phone numbers??

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

morganlefay has the right of it. Most of the time these companies just call huge blocks of numbers... they don't "get" them from anywhere, they just generate them.

My understanding is that they are supposed to cross check those blocks with the no call lists, but it seems that most of them don't. There isn't anything you can do other than inform them to remove you from their call list.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

yes, they knew my wifes name.
    KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Originally posted here by Lv4
    There isn't anything you can do other than inform them to remove you from their call list.
    Actually, you can file a complaint here . There are substantial fines for calling someone on the Do Not Call list.
    Information wants to be a fireman when it grows up.