Thread: Security messege error in windows

Security messege error in windows

I am constantly getting a security warning that my computer is infected with spyware...i have antispyware installed on my machine...and i run it 2 times...which did not locate any spypare......when i clicked the security baloon it is installing some spyware tool and is asking for activation..........i have no clue wht's going on.........Can any body suggest me the solution????

thanks,
    ram

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Do you have a screenshot of the warning? Have you run the antispyware in safemode?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I am attaching the screen shot of the messege...i did not run in the safe mode............i think the security warning is not a genuine Windows Notification

I have seen a computer with the exact message.
    Give this a try

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php

Looks like SpyFalcon. There's a number of programs that pose as antispyware programs, but are indeed just the opposite. SpyFalcon is one.

Download Spybot
    and Ad-Aware . Those are genuinely good apps, you might also try SuperAntiSpyware.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Originally posted here by ramforu
    I am attaching the screen shot of the messege...i did not run in the safe mode............i think the security warning is not a genuine Windows Notification
    If it is a version of Spyfalcon or smitfraud, then you will need these Removal Tools to completely rid yourself of this crap.

What this program does:

SpyFalcon is a anti-spyware program that is known to issue fake warnings on your computer in order to manipulate you into buying its full commercial version. If you are infected with this program you may receive warnings in your task bar that appear to be from Microsoft Security Center stating that you are infected with spyware and to run its special anti-spyware tool. This tool turns out to be the commercial version of SpyFalcon. These warnings are fake and are a goad to have you buy the commercial version of this software.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

AOs Resident Troll
    I hate that thing...Have seen two XP Home machines with it now...

Use the tool...cause manually trying to rid it is a pain.........

From what I can tell...it comes from a gambling site.....
    Both users had links to several gambling sites in thier favs...alittle p0rn in the temps too

I installed firefox and told them to stop using IE for...er ahh "questionable" browsing

MLF
    Edit>spelling...as always

bad spellers of the world ..untie
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I was doing some testing last week against SpyFalcon (among others) for a class I teach and noted Spybot DID indeed remove the infection upon a reboot. I think Kolla's defs have caught up with this booger. I'd loaded SpyFalcon straight from their site. Fwiw.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers