Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Old AO was cool

I'd be happy to turn the reps off, if that's what the majority want.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    You should ask...I think you'll find that most won't care...and the ones that do care will be the ones that are the most immature anyways so they shouldn't have them...and the site will be a lot better off in the long run...we have no system on our site and it works well without it...
    it actually, in my opinion, would be the most productive thing in this new upgrade/change-over.

Eg
    Last edited by Egaladeist; October 17th, 2006 at 04:11 PM.

I think we did have a poll at some point, a few months back, concerning all the features most used. That's why the reps are on now. I prefer them off, myself.

Custom User
    The problem for me is that the front page just looks so cramped. I work with a laptop with a small screen and there's just far too much information, in really weird looking fonts (or at least it looks that way to me).

Also, I have to agree with the comment about the buttons. The quote and edit buttons look especially bad. I'm sure that's something that could be fixed in 5-10 mins in a decent graphics program (although I don't know whether whoever's doing the upgrades has any free time atm).

ac
    Last edited by gothic_type; October 17th, 2006 at 04:18 PM.

Hi JPnyc,

Adults won't care...only the children will be outraged and upset...honestly, I think you should just get rid of them...wipe it clean...anyone who needs green gifs to feel good about themselves needs to seek professional help.

Eg

so can reps stilll ban members, how many negative rep points doe it take or hits, in case of trolls and such, and can they close threads?
    O.G at A.O

I guess it'll just take some time to get used to it.

I would def. like to be able to use the IMG tags or embed videos. (I'm sure Irongeek would like that too.)

We could call it AoSpace.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Leave em on! I like having a reputation.. It is the only place on the planet I will ever have one....

Nah persoanally I would scrap the whole AP system.

A poll would be a good idea I suppose, also with all the updates going on at the moment now would be the best time to scrap the system altogether if that is the majority vote....

Or maybe refine it in someway, I presume they are meant to represent what the community thinks of a members security/IT knowledge, but we all know that is not the case - I mean look how many Eg has got , but I am easy with whatever is decided!

Yes, users can still neg someone into a ban. I think the settings are the same as before, we made every effort to keep as much the same as was possible

Exactly nokia , good reason to get rid of them