Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to recover a password

I have aproblem. I have forgotten my pc's password and now I am not able to do anything.so plz tell me the way to get my system running,plz. thanku.
    partyhardworkHARDER

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Do you mean the system OS password or the BIOS password?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Also, if it is the operating system, which one is it?

I mean my BIOS password.
    partyhardworkHARDER

It will be a great help if u can tell me the ways to get out if I lose my OS password.My os are windows xp pro nd suse linux.
    Last edited by tapu; October 23rd, 2006 at 02:05 PM. Reason: to be more specific
    partyhardworkHARDER

Uh oh! For Bios, you have to just take out the BIOS battery from the MOTHERBOARD and place it back. You will have to reset the settings and date/time and you will be able to do the work.

As far as OS password is concerned, it will depend on which OS you have. Can u tell us which OS you have?
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein

Depending on the motherboard, wouldn't you just clear the cmos using the jumper just for that? jp9 usually if im not mistaken.
    "I have died, I will die, It's alright, I don't mind"

Hi,

I am hoping that this is not a laptop with a hard drive password lurking in the background

As mentioned, removing the CMOS battery will generally clear the password. Please be patient, and allow about 12 hours without the machine being connected to the mains current.

As for future problems? well this will get a laugh, but my passwords are attached to the top of the case under a layer of waterproof sticky tape

Machines that I build for others have the Admin password taped inside them.

I am afraid that I take the view that if someone has physical access, they will probably just steal it anyway?

BIOS Password For Laptops

Hey,
    If it is a bios password for a laptop you might have to do some work to recovery the password but I found a site that might help you out? www.passwordmethod.com I have brought a laptop on ebay a while back and it was password locked but I used this device and it work out great for me! I hope this might help you out if you need this?

And for goodness sake, once you do get back into the BIOS, take the damned password OFF!
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature