Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to recover a password

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Depending on the motherboard, wouldn't you just clear the cmos using the jumper just for that?
    Indeed. I'm sure your motherboard has a cmos jumper next to, or around, the cmos battery. And you won't have to wait 12 hours either...

BTW, I see a lot of new faces around here... Where did all the oldies go?
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Hi there Ducky pooh glad to see ya back.........

Where are all the old farts? ............ well this one is about 1200 behind you with his lite .50 and about to take the second squeeze............. I am a in a bit of a quandary............ at that distance I should be able to make it with my L96-A1 and Salt Lake City National Match?

Cheers, Johnno

Cognoscenti: Is it right that SLSNM gets flaky above 82F or is it me that gets flaky above 82F? Joyce Hornady once told me that it was the SLSNM pill and she sent me some of hers......but that was sort of cheating?

I was reading through this article and I was hoping maybe some of you could help me out. I have lost my password for an account that I have on a website. Is there a program or anything that I can use to recover it. The website does not allow me to email without the security question and I can't figure out my security question. My actual fear is that my boyfriend changed the password on the account
    M ! D G e T

woops, hit send before I was ready.. my fear is that my boyfriend changed my login on the account and I would like to have my account back. I'm not sure how to go about doing it but if anyone could be of assistance as in to how to crack a password that would be great
    M ! D G e T

Hello my miniature mosquito

Welcome to AO, and you have incurred my wrath already by adding your post to someonelse's..................

The simple answer is "no"...........

BUT................. try opening a new account and using that to e-mail your administrators...........it actually works, as one admin on this site will attest to

These days, decent systems don't let you "recover" passwords...........you need admin authority and re-set them

Thank you for the info I sowwie about adding to someone's post
    M ! D G e T

Don't worry about it............I have a strange sense of humour

My point is that you should start your own thread unless the circumstances are exactly the same, and the answers don't work.

This guy cannot even start his computer because of the BIOS password, like even if he had NO operating system, he would not be able to install one. This is sometimes called a "power up password"......... your question is related to an application, which is a different sort of problem (I am afraid that you must trust me on that one)

The reason we like to keep things together is so that people can use search engines and find answers for themselves, similarly, we like different subjects kept separate.