Thread: hide or delete no longer an option?

hide or delete no longer an option?

How do I "hide" posts?
    How do I "delete" posts?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Yes, those features are not included in this version. Like much of what was here, they were hacks.

Like much of what was here, they were hacks.
    pffftttt

That makes it sound like they were bad or illegal..

So I take it that they're not on the adgenda for future inclusion..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Well they sure weren't good. They're what kept this forum using a stone age version for so long.

Yes, they would screw the relationships between tables in the RDB.

Hidden posts? why? we should have hidden forums for that. It is not logical to have a hidden post in a public forum now, is it?

As for deleting posts, I think that the work around is to open the post under "edit" and replace the text with "Post Deleted" then save the changes. That will preserve the RDB relationships

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    As for deleting posts, I think that the work around is to open the post under "edit" and replace the text with "Post Deleted" then save the changes. That will preserve the RDB relationships
    Has the added benefit of making sure person posting, is gonna get it right first time...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Yes, they would screw the relationships between tables in the RDB.

Hidden posts? why? we should have hidden forums for that. It is not logical to have a hidden post in a public forum now, is it?

I thought the hidden post feature was so you could hide content that others might find offensive or disturbing? I was just being considerate in the past by hiding posts that might be questionable.

How is gore ever going to post anything again without that feature?
    Last edited by phishphreek; October 20th, 2006 at 06:33 PM.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.