Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little bug, and a suggestion!

A little bug, and a suggestion!

When I log in, I have a little message that says I have 508 of 500 possible PM's in my inbox. Since I delete most PM's immediately, I'm pretty sure there's no way I've got 500, plus I'm over my limit if I do.

Also, is there anyway that you could change the "Remember Me" box to unticked, and if we want to be remembered, we could click it for ourselves? I am really bad about hitting "enter" before I remember to untick the box, and blah blah - I don't want to be remembered on this computer!

Thanks

Edit - And there seems to be something really really strange going on with my siggy!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

It's unchecked by default for me, here. Not sure why it isn't for you. The PMs duplicated during import, in some cases. You can delete them. Re-entering the signature should clear that up. The scripting is different in this version. What you're seeing there is the single ticks being "escaped".

AOs Resident Troll
    I agree with the untick remember me... its on by default for me too...and different computers

Deb........I had the same thing with my PMs

Mlf
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Time for a new siggy anyway.

PM's aren't a big deal, just wanted to be sure someone knew. However, the Remember Me box is definately ticked by default for me.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Well, I have two log-on boxes: one at the top right ( just above the Register, FAQ, Member List menu bar, ) and one directly underneath centered on the page.

The one on top is un-ticked, the one centered on the page is ticked.

Checked in IE and Mozilla, same-same.

Yesterday on my laptop, no mater what I did it wouldn't remember me.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

I can't understand the remember me issue. I've checked in all 3 major browsers and not once has remember me been checked by default. I still feel the login issues and this issue are tied to a cookie problem. I know from experience that old and new vbulletin cookies don't co-exist well. Not at all, in fact. That is usually the problem. Can you try logging in, then logging right out again? Perhaps that will clear the cookie in question.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Could it be an ISP web caching issue? Now, I also did a full logout with cookies cleaned so not sure if that is something others have done?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Ah wait, I think I see where you mean. On the main page of the site, the middle login? That's the only 1 I've seen with a check. The others are all unchecked.

there are two logins on the main page... neither of which seem to remember me when I log in through FF on the main page. The really strange thing is if I log in inside of a thread it will remember me on the main page.

Main page login/remember me works fine in IE and Opera though.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Ok, I'm in the process of testing this now, with FF. I logged in on the main page using FF.