Thread: Web space security

Web space security

Well here goes I am trying in vain to write a report about hackers (hold it I know this site does not entertain hackers) I mean hackers who work for the good not people who hack in and destroy work of others. I looking to talk to people in the trade who are code fhackers or hack sites to ensure security is in place
    any help would be nice
    many thanks Kai

Definitely not a 'hacker', but I do test sites for vulnerabilities...I deal mostly with PHP/MySQL on sites I've worked on, but have played around with JS, VBscript, Java. I've been getting into assembly a bit more for application security as well. I love hackits/crackits. Good way to waste time. I really don't know what you're looking for as far as what you'd like for a report, but I could probably point you in some directions as far as what it's like in certain situations, very generic techniques (not going to teach anyone to 'hack' - it's really about knowing the code and using what you know about in the inverse to do what you want.) Could probably pull up a crackit site and work through a challenge one on one and explain what is going on, but like I said it's about knowing the code and I'm not sure what you're familiar with. If you don't really code, I can't really help you.

Let me know.
    There are only two kinds of programming languages: those people always bitch about and those nobody uses.

Hello Kai,

If you are writing a paper, might I suggest that in the first few paragraphs you define what you mean by "hacker"?

You see, I am old enough to remember when it was a compliment...........a guy who "knew his stuff" and could develop work arounds.

Please look on Google or whatever for "penetration testing", "pen testing", and "white hats" (do a search within results for "hackers")

hi again I dont code but am learning and this is part of that learning morality test I think I have had a quick serch and woh loads of stuff to trawl through many thanks