Thread: Help Regarding VPN

Hybrid View

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar

Help Regarding VPN

Hi gals / guys

We have set a VPN connection via cisco router with our US server to access one of the software we are running. My question is simple the guys from US office are able to access our network resoruces at port level i mean they can see on which port of print server which printer is connected, number of PCs and other things. How can they do that? are they using any particular software.....
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Just Another Geek
    Quote Originally Posted by FanacooL
    Hi gals / guys

We have set a VPN connection via cisco router with our US server to access one of the software we are running. My question is simple the guys from US office are able to access our network resoruces at port level i mean they can see on which port of print server which printer is connected, number of PCs and other things. How can they do that? are they using any particular software.....
    Because the VPN isn't access-listed? So they're basically directly connected to your LAN. There are numerous ways to get that particular info..

Suggest setting an ACL on the VPN to allow that US office to only access that particular server/port and deny everything else.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Well we have used ACL and allowed there connection to made to the router / network but all i am curious to know are they using any particular software for this or not?

In ACL allowed list US IPs are listed and i have allowed the LAN IPs to access the interfaces too.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!