Thread: XP vs Vista (default system sounds)

Hybrid View

XP vs Vista (default system sounds)

Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Hye

I came across a related article http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/..._of_Vista.html
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Vood00: Thats how I came across that link. I saw the story on google news and wanted to hear the sounds. I created an RSS bookmark for that story and opened them all in tabs. I found that link after a couple of minutes scanning the text.

The story you listed is actually what prompted the search.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Custom User
    I've got to say that after listening to all the sounds, in general I think the XP sounds are better - they sound more natural which I reckon helps prevent you getting pissed off with them, plus some of the messages like notify are very quiet sounding.

Also, before watching that I had no idea there was a maximise/minimise sound. I still can't hear anything :P

ac