Thread: Phone Tracking Software

Phone Tracking Software

Does anyone use software to track cell phones within your company? I would think it would be popular among companies that do a lot of delivery services, but we have individuals that meet with our clients and don't really have to check in often and as of lately they have had (traffic/other) issues that kept them from making a meeting and I think if we could implement this service, we could help save the company a lot of money and make sure our people are out there working.

If you have used it, what service have you used?

A perviosu employer used this:
    http://www.followus.co.uk/homeusers.html

It is UK based and I have no idea if it will work in MA (wherever that is ) but I found it very easy to use and very very accurate (within 10 mtrs)

I noticed most services are out of the UK. I am contacting my cellular provider to see if they have anything.

Info, I would suggest you take a look at Sprint/Nextel. They are the only US based provider I am aware of that will track locations. They also offer solutions for delivery trucks etc that you can track online via GPS and RFID. You can track where phones are and everything. Might be just what you are looking for
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrus
    Info, I would suggest you take a look at Sprint/Nextel. They are the only US based provider I am aware of that will track locations. They also offer solutions for delivery trucks etc that you can track online via GPS and RFID. You can track where phones are and everything. Might be just what you are looking for
    I called a couple wireless providers and come to find out, almost all have their own software.

Nextel has Mobile Locator ($15.00) Unlimited Phones
    Verizon has Field Force Manager ($29.99 to $49.99) per phone and ONLY works on the V325

and there are others.... but as you can see the prices vary.

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but some detective agencys use a locator online to track phones. For example if I can remember what the website is, you can track a cell wherever it is and they would plant their phone in a car of someone they were trying to find and then use it to track them down. Not really hard considering cell phones now almost all have GPS on them.

The old school phones don't have it, which are analogue, and some digital phones may not have it either, but phones you buy now are tri-mode... Heh this is what happens when you work in a cell shop for 2 years and get bored.

Someone brought up Nextel locator which is one that wrks for their phones, and they actually use it in their commercials. "Who's aggitating my dots??" lol. But you can find a service that works with all phones.

I think you're looking for something like this.

http://www.world-tracker.com/

Hi Geek,
    recently i listened about cellphonetracking software at http://www.cxotoday.com/cxo/jsp/arti...rticle_id=2538
    it made by IITians.
    Gsm Phones

All Nextel/BoostMobile phones come with GPS.They also have applications Boost Loopt is one and TeleNav is other.

I know a few things about these phones,but i don't want to get into it right now
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.