Thread: keyboard not working HELP!!!!

Angry keyboard not working HELP!!!!

well now its my keyboard,some buttons like down arrow are not working.i tried clening it but to no avail.my keyboard is logitech and just an yr old.do i have to buy a new one?
    [/color][glowpurple]The ladder of sucess is never crowded at top:Napolean[/glowpurple]

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    How did you clean it?

If you turn of the dry cycle of your dishwasher, you can place a keyboard in a dishwasher, upper rack, keys down. If you don't turn off the dry cycle you will melt/warp the keyboard, maybe even win a 'modding" contest.

You'll have to give it a few days to drip dry. Having a 2nd keyboard around is always a good thing.

Sounds like you're going to have a "career" in fixing computer, you should consider shopping 2nd hand computers for useful parts... keyboards, mice, power supplies etc.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Hello phoenixmajestic old chap, you certainly seem to be having a lot of bad luck with hardware of late

These things happen I am afraid............ I lost two mice in the space of 24 hours, yet hadn't had a problem for over 5 years up to then?

Do check that you have the latest drivers............. I sort of suspect that some MS updates may cause problems?

Also, test your kit on another machine or two and try other devices on yours

Like really i think i do am having a bad luck with my hardware.nihil i tried it on another system but no result.
    i think i will have to get a new keyboard.
    [/color][glowpurple]The ladder of sucess is never crowded at top:Napolean[/glowpurple]

Hi,

I think that fourdc has some very good advice. I have quite a collection of old keyboards and mice.

Other things I like to have around are PCI and AGP cards, PCI soundcard and an external 56.6 modem.

On the mouse front, get hold of a serial mouse if you see one. They are very cheap and excellent for troubleshooting. I would guess that just about every operating system/BIOS in the last 12 years ships with a serial mouse driver & support I actually bought one the other day and noticed that it supports 850 Dpi which isn't bad considering that the original Microsoft PS2 Intellimouse was only 400 Dpi.

Another thing when troubleshooting peripherals is to consider what their weaknesses are likely to be. Wireless and infra red devices need batteries.

Infra red likes a clear line of sight. On the other hand wireless can be interfered with by other devices.

USB is a notoriously "loose" connection, and if you connect too many devices at once you may not have enough power to run them all. So try different outlets and one device at a time.

Another thing I have seen is with non-computer devices like heaters, desktop fans and air conditioning. When these devices start to fail they can frequently generate a magnetic field that will give problems. I try to turn off anything not needed to solve the problem including mobile phones.