Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't go to WAYN.com

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    If you google for WAYN.com and security AO is top of the list.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

I have made an analysis of wayn.com here is my report:

K
    I
    S
    S
    M
    Y
    A
    s
    s

My firewall black site list has one new member
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Wink

It certainly looks like WAYN.com is not a very popular site with the security gurus here.

Steve

edit:

*** STOP PRESS *** STOP PRES *** STOP PRESS ***

This thread is now back on google's first page on a search for WAYN.com
    Last edited by steve.milner; November 27th, 2006 at 01:23 PM.
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Well, It Seems WAYN.com ( Where Are You Now ) is at it again.

WAYN.com ( Where Are You Now )is now whoring its members by sending e-mails to everyone telling them when new people register and what area they are from.

I also notice thay WAYN.com ( Where Are You Now ) is using out of date mapping as they have me listed in the wrong location. (despite having my town and street)

WAYN.com ( Where Are You Now ) states it has over 7 million members. I just wonder if WAYN.com means its actually spamming 7 million people.

WAYN.com (Where Are You Now) illegal or just unethical?

Quote Originally Posted by mark_boyle2002
    Well, It Seems WAYN.com ( Where Are You Now ) is at it again.

WAYN.com ( Where Are You Now )is now whoring its members by sending e-mails to everyone telling them when new people register and what area they are from.

I also notice thay WAYN.com ( Where Are You Now ) is using out of date mapping as they have me listed in the wrong location. (despite having my town and street)

WAYN.com ( Where Are You Now ) states it has over 7 million members. I just wonder if WAYN.com means its actually spamming 7 million people.
    So is this passing on of details illegal or just unethical.

What do you think folks?

Steve

AOs Resident Troll
    the legallity depends on what you agreed to when you signed up....

Personally....I never sign up to these types of site...if I do need to I give my fluff email account to track the shite they send me.

I do however believe it is unethical....as I am sure it is buried deep in the EULA.......in reality...how many user read it....and they are preying on this

MHO
    as always

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I wonder if it's possible to challenge an EULA for maliciously hiding of it's terms and conditions?

Steve

AOs Resident Troll
    I guess that would depend on where you reside....and the local\federal laws.

I believe it falls into that gray area of internet law.

User is in one jurisdiction ...site owner is in another....server is hosted in yet another

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer