Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Site times out

Banned
    well i was able to log in today with little hassle, and the site has seemed to have picked up some pace again.

Yeah now that you mention it, I'm not getting any timeouts since late morning, my time.

I have an adblocking hosts file and the site still times out - that has nothing to do with it.
    Hmm interesting.. disabled the hosts file this morning (that is about 15hrs ago) had 2 time outs whilest browsing.. re enabled and no probs.. but then I only had 15mins to play.. so Moira.. .. jam it..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

No, she's right (and try to be a bit more cordial, thanks). Whether I allow images or do not, the timeouts still occurred.

No, she's right (and try to be a bit more cordial, thanks). Whether I allow images or do not, the timeouts still occurred.
    dunno.. maybe it is my area of OZ and France..

You ask me to be cordial.. ok.. I made a comment.. it was my experience on the situation.. What do you call the reply?

[insert] dummy spit [/insert]
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Well I thought "jam it" was a little rude, unless there was some other meaning intended. If you disable the hosts file, is the site still timing out for you there?

AOs Resident Troll
    Well...

I have had several timeouts recently...last night as I was responding to a thread....I went to postt...and it said I wasnt logged in

Back button worked I copied, logged in and redid......

Kinda annoying though

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Underground Bunker, somewhere in Antarctica
    I had same problem this morning while I was typing up that rather lengthy thread . I thought maybe it was some kind of security measure akin to the paypal system of loging you out after being inactive for X amount of time, but I guess its these bots.
    I know your type, you think "I'll just get me a costume, rip off the neighborhood kids". Next thing you know, you've got a jet shaped like a skull with lasers on the front!
    -The Monarch.

No, the logout problem shouldn't be related to the bots. I would guess that it's still an old cookie on your system. That's about the only thing I can think of that would cause it. The timeouts, yes, could be the bots, but I haven't had a time out in 3 days now, and I was getting them frequently.

Many sites will time you out if you're inactive for too long. If I know I've taken ages to finish a post (I'm usually doing about 10 things at once on the computer) then I'll copy the post just in case that happens.

The other timeouts were different though .... you could be accessing the site for the first time and it would time out, ie before you'd had a chance to be logged out as a security measure. It was similar to trying to get onto a really busy site, one selling tickets to a fantastically popular concert (for instance).
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature