windows xp pro problems
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: windows xp pro problems

windows xp pro problems

Hi all, when trying to boot to safe mode in xp pro, I get errors like aggp440. and others? lol, also getting bsod all the time now showing winsys32 errors, if no fix I can format but every 3 months is getting old,

Hi,

Sounds like a chipset drivers problem to me, please go here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324764

I would make sure that your motherboard, video and soundcard drivers are up to date as well.

I haven't actually come across this one in Windows XP so far, but you get it in Windows 2000 as well

So, please let me know how you get on................as the XP variant is new to me it is obviously of interest

Banned
    hmmm if you've got something in your agp slot, then maybe unplug it, give the slot a little clean, usually some compressed air should do the trick, then re-insert it and see if that helps.

more specs on your computer would be nice.

nihil, thanks man, i just finally got a chance to check back in, going to check out that link now, dreadin formatting lol thanks

I tryed to boot from cd and run listsvc, it doenst show or do anything for me man, upgradded my video drivers, not sure what else i should try, thinking of manually deleting the aggp dlls but man having enough problems, I need to find an alternative to windows i think, but gaming is a real issue.

AOs Resident Troll
    Personally....I dont think windows is the problem here.

Sounds like bad driver or video card.

Why not try a repair or a nice clean install....

Of course back up your data first

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Hi all back after a fresh install of xp pro sp2, still getting the bsod's but now Im getting PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA?? did a few searches but haven't narrowed it down yet, will keep you all posted thanks for the help

Hi David,

It sound very much like a video card problem to me. Can you try another card (it doesn't have to be anything fancy, an old PCI one will do) and/or get someone to try your card in another machine? If your card has a heatsink and fan, please clean them and check that the fan is working.

Basically I am trying to figure out if it is a video problem or something else

so good so far, nihil, i read one of your earlier posts to someone about bsod's and about stopping all power saving features, and i did that and so far no bsod's, so thanks and I'll keep ya posted, when i get steam back on tonight to try to max my video card out tonight

Thanks David, that is an interesting one, as your symptoms are at first sight typical of a card/driver problem.

It sounds as if you have some sort of conflict/clash going on. As these are not expected to happen () you rarely get a very meaningful error message.

This sort of thing can also happen with scheduled and background tasks cutting in. They tend to work to start with but as your machine fills up and you have more stuff running, they don't finish when they used to and can conflict with other stuff.

What make of video card do you have? is it a ATi Radeon?