Own this Playstation 3 and earn it challenge.!

Thread: Own this Playstation 3 and earn it challenge.!

Own this Playstation 3 and earn it challenge.!

Hack the PS3 this site is running on, and you will earn:
    • The PS3 with all its default accessories
      (note: the hard disk was replaced with a 160 GB hard disk!),
    • an HDMI cable,
    • Linux (Fedora core 5 PPC + PS3 add-on) preinstalled, of course,
    • The game "Resistance - the fall of Man".
    The rules are simple:>
    You must do a "clean" hacking job : no DOS, no "dirty" attack which saturate the internet tubes. Moreover, do not attack other machines located in the same subnetwork.
    In order to provide evidence of your success, you will have to replace the image below:
    Seems simple enough, should seperate the skiddies from leet.

with the JPEG image located in the root user's home directory, inside the "ps3_challenge" subfolder.
    In addition you will have to announce your victory in this discussion thread in the ACBM forum (don't worry, you can post in english), at the same time you will have to send a mail to SHIMPINOMORI. (in case of ex-aequo, the winner will be the one whose mail to SHIMPNOMORI will have arrived first). You will also have to put a text file with you name and postal address in the root user's home directory, inside the "ps3_challenge" subfolder.
    Once your victory is homologated, your Playstation 3 will be sent (free of charge) via EMS International to your postal address, during the month of january 2007.
    You have until the beginning of january 2007. Good luck!
    I have checked this site out, and i've sent a few emails and it does seem that this is one legitimate challenge, i think that this is one unique challenge, and i'm sure that there will be other sites popping up in the future with similar challenges.

So let's use this thread and get a good Discussion happening.!

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    Well the site seems legitimate at least. Shimpinomori are a Tokyo base website provider.

If you go to their website there is a link to the challenge.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Washington D.C. area
    Hmmm, this may be something for me to do when the inlaws arrive. This appears simple enough too. I sure hope these guys are for real. I'm going to look at the fine print on the site right now.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden