Thread: Ettercap On a PDA!

Ettercap On a PDA!

I'm working on something i call project Gh0st. Its a Ipaq h5455 running Familiar Linux. It works great i have nmap, dsniff tools, working Kismet and a few other surprises. My question is does any one know of a terminal version of ettercap? i cant seem to find any thing on it. I wouldnt mind the gui bit its a matter of if i can get it to run under GPE i do believe its based off GTK. I dont have native compiling on the pda yet and the idea of cross compiling scares me a bit. Im just currious if any one knows if it can be done or has been done. Thanks- TheX1le
    ...."Cant stop the signal Mel, Every thing goes some where and i go every where."...... "From here to the eyes and the ears of the verse, thats my motto or might be if i start having a motto" - Mr. Universe "Serenity"

Do you mean like dumpcap that comes with Wireshark? Im not sure how well packet sniffing is going to work on a PDA when it will have such limited memory. But if you can get it work most power to you!

Well the pda im running has dual wifi cards and 1.5gigs of storage. I do have dsniff installed and half working, and nmap 3.8 working great as well as working kismet. So with any luck one can hope. But if i can get ettercap to run i dont need dsniff. or fragrouter. For my final college project im trying to see how small of a form factor i can get a pentesting tool to be. Set this thing to be a man in the middle attack.
    ...."Cant stop the signal Mel, Every thing goes some where and i go every where."...... "From here to the eyes and the ears of the verse, thats my motto or might be if i start having a motto" - Mr. Universe "Serenity"

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    To date, I have heard of no project that has attempted to do this for ettercap. Have a look at the configure file and see if your platform is mentioned in there any place or simply go to the ettercap forum and ask the developer for a feature roadmap.

Yes, the GUI version is based on GTK.

Does TCPDump work on there?

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

TheHorse, i did a lot of research on it and it has been attempted but several years go. 04 I think was the earliest that i remember seeing. I think its possible while GPE is based on gtk i dont think i could get the gui to run. Id much rather get the command line tools. As soon as i get my cross compiler kinks worked out im gonna give it a run. Thanks for looking into it.