Usb Issue?

Thread: Usb Issue?

Usb Issue?

Just recently my computer would not recognize my thumb drives or my iPod. Now I am wondering if this issue did something to my thumb drives, because they light up when I insert them into a computer, but no computer recognizes them and the same issue still goes for my iPod. I cannot get my computer to see it.

Usb drives

Did you already look under disk management in the computer management console? (does it show up in here?) sometimes you have to initialize the disk again. i cant say for the ipod.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    sounds like pNp isn't working. Is the plug n play service running? Are you getting any error messages? We need more info here.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

If you cannot figure it out, event viewer can be pretty useful. Look through some of the recent logs and you might find something like "service failed to start." If you have a lot of logs try clearing them, putting in the thumbdrive or ipod then checking them again.

Good Luck!

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    Hmmmm,

Have you tried different computers with different OSes? (98SE/ME/2000/XP) In particular, try a Linux distro.

If no machine can see them then I suspect that something has stiffed them. Otherwise it could be a USB controller problem?
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Are you sure that the connection is solid? I remember I had my usb loosely hanging out and it was really freaking me out when it wouldn't load it up, but would power it on.
    Hi.