Thread: RobertHalfTechnology.com Questions

RobertHalfTechnology.com Questions

I recently applied for a job for RHT and my interview is next week. I see online that they're a pretty big consulting firm with 100+ locations throughout the US. Has anyone worked for or through them? I've heard they test you about your basic knowledge that you filled in on their questionnaire thing. I'm applying for a Network Manager job, and was just curious if anyone has any good or bad stories about them.

I did a search and didn't find anything.
    Last edited by Zunger; November 29th, 2006 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add more info!
    I have my CCNA and i'm currently working towards my CCNP and CSSP.

they're a headhunting service, they temp you out to other companies and take a portion of your check. Their test is actually pretty hard, better beef up on your windows error messages and BSOD codes.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Quote Originally Posted by x acidreign x
    they're a headhunting service, they temp you out to other companies and take a portion of your check.
    That's what i figured by the way it sounds from the company

Quote Originally Posted by x acidreign x
    Their test is actually pretty hard, better beef up on your windows error messages and BSOD codes.
    Thanks. I put my advanced knowledge mostly on networking (cisco, lan, wan) and windows. I started looking back over the basic CCNA stuff that i havn't used in forever.

Have you taken a test with them? What errors do you specifically mean for windows?

Well in case anyone else searches and sees this topic, i figured i would chime in.

The interview was relatively fast with just one person. After about 5 minutes into it, i was asked my skills in which i noted Cisco (lan/wan) and Windows 2003. They did not have a test for either, so i ended up taking tests in XP and 2000.

The 2000 test was a little stupid imo. Many of the questions were asking about differences between NT and 2000. Unfortunately i'm only 22 and only one of my jobs have had 1 NT machine. Overall that test was relatively easy. I did higher then the global average (which was like a 51 or something and i got close to a 60).

The XP test was very easy and i was irritated i missed any questions at all. Most of the questions were really basic stuff. Stuff like what program default opens .txt files, what are you doing here (drag and drop), what is the clipboard for, etc. I got bored with this test and went through it relatively fast. I made above the global average again (i think is 80) with high 80's i believe.

Hope this helps anyone in the future in case you plan on applying for a job through them.