Thread: G-Skill RAM

G-Skill RAM

Hey guys, I m looking to find a pair 1GB (2GB) of DDR400 ram for my computer, I went out today to have a look around and I couldnt find any of the Corsair and Kingmax and stuff that I know since it's been that long from my last upgrade, I saw this G Skill stuff seems to be all over the place. Is this stuff any good? GEIL wasnt even around either. Whats scar non? (Whats going on?)

Thanks,
    TaNG
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Well, I haven't used it myself (I normally use Crucial), but it seems to be aimed at overclockers in particular.

It has a lifetime warranty as well.

Take those two together and it suggests that it must be pretty good quality?

http://www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk/brands/gskill.asp

I ended up getting a pair of Corsair TwinX 2048 something today, this is the maiden voyage, so far so good. On the website it says this RAM is able to run at 2-3-3-6. What does this mean? I went into BIOS and there was 5 settings I could choose from. Would somebody be able to match the numbers up for me with the setting name?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Sorry, I am not sure what BIOS settings you are referring to.......what are the 5 options/settings that you are given?

EDIT: Sorry, I did not answer the first part of your question. The 2-3-3-6 refers to CL or "Clock Latency" of the RAM.
    Last edited by nihil; December 18th, 2006 at 10:59 AM.