iPhone - Apple has problems....

Thread: iPhone - Apple has problems....

iPhone - Apple has problems....

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36455

Have a read. Makes you wonder why Apple has not checked with the register of names.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

AOs Resident Troll
    OMG

Apple is gonna become the next MS

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Just Another Geek
    There was some question as to whether Apple would be able to use the iPhone name for the device. But Cisco Systems which owns the rights to the iPhone name, said Tuesday it expects to reach agreement with Apple later Tuesday on using the name for its device.
    Read: Cisco expects a large sum of money
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

There's very similar device except it uses Linux and has ability to install packages similar to apt manager. It's due this spring.

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2986976174.html

Quote Originally Posted by SirDice
    Read: Cisco expects a large sum of money
    Oops! I read that article a while back and forgot the details.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Quote Originally Posted by wh0rd
    There's very similar device except it uses Linux and has ability to install packages similar to apt manager. It's due this spring.

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2986976174.html
    I would like something like this much better! However, I fear it won't be as user friendly as the iPhone. I have yet to purchase an iPod for myself. I did, however, get one for my fiancee.

If it takes her more than 5 minutes of messing with it to figure it out, she won't use it. I had given her an RCA lyra in the past that was not used. She uses her iPod everyday.

I'm currently using a HP iPAQ hx2495 as my MP3 player, offline news reader (avantgo), ebook reader, mobile browsing (if AP is available), some simple video games and a place to store important info that I need for everyday use.

On the other hand, I use my blackberry for email, sms, calendar/contacts (which syncs with outlook/exchange and my PPC), tasks list (also syncs with PPC), google local mobile (maps, directions, phone number lookup), and some simple games.

It would be very nice to be able to combine the two into one device. I only cary the blackberry with me all the time as it is my phone, but the iPAQ is never too far away.

When I read the news about the iPhone, I immediately thought that there was going to be a lawsuit between Cisco and Apple. I think Cisco would win.

Why can't Apple just change the name to something like iFone or iTele, etc.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AOs Resident Troll
    I like the TV device....on demand movies, videos, TV, music...

I think I am gonna need a bigger pipe at home...

My ex has switched to MAC and has quite the multimedia setup in his home...very impressive.

The thing with MACS...it very easy to use, setup networks and devices....none of this hardware and driver compatibility issues experienced with other OSes and various hardware vendors.

a dream for the home user...

I am gonna havta figure out a new way to get wine

MLF
    Last edited by morganlefay; January 10th, 2007 at 03:40 PM.
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

IMO, Apple choosing to go ahead with the iPhone name was not wise.

I figured Cisco would sue.
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070110/cisco_apple.html?.v=14
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I'm not sure the IPhone itself is going to be that much of a success. How many people are going to spend that much on what is not really a phone at all, more a handheld computer?
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature