IE7 SOP issue

Thread: IE7 SOP issue

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar

IE7 SOP issue

Hello all,
    I need a little help here as javascript is not my strongpoint. We currently use a website to access our email (this exists inside the network portal). Accessing the site is not a problem. It's accessing one particular piece of a page that's causing problems (It's basically a couple buttons which allow the user to change some email options).
    Now, when I use IE6 or FF, it comes up fine. When I use IE7, I keep getting a "permission denied" error and the buttons will not show. I've been working on this for 3 days to no avail. It seems like it might be a Same-Origin Policy issue from what I could understand. I printed out the script for this particular button menu on the site and it keeps stopping on:
    main = parent.main
    I've tried the User-Agent utility so that IE7's user-agent string shows as IE6 but no luck. Is this something I can workaround via a change in the registry?, Group Policy? or does the script need to be changed on the site to accommodate IE7?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Have a look at IE7s new security features. I recall seeing this behavior in our lab environment when it was in beta. In my case, code changes were the ticket to success. I think you may want to revisit how you're serving up the buttons.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    thehorse13,
    Yeah. I kind of suspected that the site itself would have to be coded to accomodate IE7. I think something inside the IF loop (that determines the browser type) needs to be fixed. Thanks anyway though.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

We had a similar problem with OWA (Outlook Web Access) and IE7 that
    involves updating the certificate on the mail server. My workaround was
    to install Firefox, with which OWA worked fine. Might try another browser
    as a workaround.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers