Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Another) Harry Potter Book thread...

Ninja Code Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardpsymon
    welll... I'm gonna go with just you.

Although they are really very similar personality types. Geeks hate themselves and so deal with computers all day, goths hate themselves so wear black all day.

:>

I disagree. I'm a huge geek and I do not hate myself.

Last I heard, nerds do it for love, geeks do it for money.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

<freud mode>Ja, but zis is deep within your subconcious. It is all related to your mother.</freud mode>
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

Juri, I'll have to check those out. So far, I've read Matthew Lord of the Rings and we're working on the second HP book. I've got to get him caught up by the time the last one is released.

I have to tell you, when you're reading to a 2 month old baby, you have to go easy on the scary Gollum voice. They're not too in to that. Apparently when Mommy sounds all Gollum-y, it's startling.

Oh, and RoadClosed - I've never understood why painting my face funny colors was supposed to make me prettier. I'm certainly not going to start using black. :P

Banned
    Juridian == geek
    geek == money
    -----------------------
    Juridian == sweet moola

so whats the release date on the next book? I wanna read it bad. I feel as if either my heart will be crushed by the end of the series or that my heart will be crushed at the horrible end of the series. Hopefully there is a good ending. So many stories close out a series on a horrible ending.

ie.. lord of the rings... I still dont understand why it took 3 books to throw the damn ring in the volcano. I could wrote that in 5 lines and had enough room left over to proclaim my love of beer.

Banned
    I could wrote that in 5 lines and had enough room left over to proclaim my love of beer.
    linlover > "Three books to throw the damn ring in the volcano" were three books full of sentences that were written very well, unlike the sentences that you tend to throw at us.

I'm sure you could "wrote" in 5 lines how someone throws a "damn ring in the volcano" - unfortunately for you, your sentences make my brain hurt, and I wouldn't buy your account of throwing a damn ring in a volcano...

Tolkien, for example, knew how to properly use the Latin abbreviation "i.e.", as opposed to the equally Latin abbreviation "e.g."

As a last note: many people have proclaimed their love for beer quite eloquently - Michael Jackson (The Beer Hunter, not the smuck) comes to mind. Please save us 3 books minus 5 lines of your beer-drivel-induced writings.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Haha...that's why I'm starting the new midget off with more mello stories and dr. seuss.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

I've never understood why painting my face funny colors was supposed to make me prettier. I'm certainly not going to start using black.
    Ah It's just a little lipstick. In actuallity I have always been attracted to woman who look smashing without makeup and been turned off by the cakers.

My wife doesn't even own any, I don't think. Not that I go looking for black lipstick or anything. ;0
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

RoadClosed. When did you get a wife? Last time I knew, you had a gf. Did you go and do one of those big life events and not tell us, or did I just miss the announcement while I was having one of my big life events? And does she know you wear lipstick?

The release date for the book in the US is July 21st, I believe Linlover. Other than that your post confused me and I stopped reading it.

Actually lord of the rings was written as a single novel consisting of six books. It was not actually 3 books.
    Secondly and more importantly Deb is right Road did you do an unannounced upgrade from GF to WIFE without telling us?
    Thirdly Goths Mmmmmmmm! For me it is the..... Well I'm not going to get into that as I will start drooling on my keyboard and it doesn't go down very well at work.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)