Thread: Well, I'm impressed...

Well, I'm impressed...

Bad HD, broken mouse, bad power connection. Well, I didn't want to just let the thing rot away, so I decided to rip it apart and try to fix the power...

Fully disassembled.

Almost back together. I just set the LCD in to test it wasn't totally dead

It doesn't have an HD, so obviously it's not going to boot or anything. All I wanted was a sucessful POST. I did leave the trackpad board out seeing as the mouse wasn't working at all. I'm just suprised I got it working again. The thing has about 20 different connections inside for various things
    Last edited by alakhiyar; December 23rd, 2006 at 09:35 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hmmmmm,

You still have a way to go. I recommend you start looking into "Live CDs" (or DVDs). Bart's PE is one that immediately springs to mind, but there are numerous others.

The idea is that you can boot from the CD/DVD and use various tools on the disk to repair, diagnose, install and so on.

OK I generally just pull a desktop apart and try spare parts if it is a hardware issue. This is not so easy with lappies as you know now (by the way how much blood and tissue samples did you leave in it).

A useful bit of hardware (for me at least) is the lappy HDD converter so you can slave the thing into a desktop and really get to work on it.

It is probably just me, but I just hate fighting lappies on their home territory

Merry Christmas my friend.
    Last edited by nihil; December 24th, 2006 at 10:40 AM.

A little update, I finished it up shortly after posting. I then booted it to a BartPE CD and just let it run idle for a bit. I have dealt with some difficult computers in the past, but I don't think any compared to that laptop!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO NIHIL
    AND HAPPY NEW YEAR
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")