Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Computer World

the problem is, is that there logins are gone and its back to one. the only thing that remains is their document folders

ps i tried running the gpedit.msc through the command prompt and it doesn't seem to work

jsut finished some research. gpedit.msc isn't available in windows xp home edition ill have to use regedit. but i don't know where to look. think u can help with that. appreciate it.

What are you trying to do with the leftover folders? If your account is an admin account you can set the permissions so you can see the contents of the folders, I'm not really sure how to do that since I've never had to but I'm sure it's not hard to figure out. If what you want to do is create/modify an admin account so you can have access to all this stuff, you can always access the main admin account through Safe Mode assuming that the main admin account isn't password protected (before the Windows XP load screen starts hit F5, pick Safe Mode, take it from there). From there you can muck about and do what you want. Just don't abuse it.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosclown
    jsut finished some research. gpedit.msc isn't available in windows xp home edition ill have to use regedit. but i don't know where to look. think u can help with that. appreciate it.
    If you don't know what you are doing don't play around in registry. You could be reformatting.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

did some more research last night and found out how to change the folders permissions through safe mode. as long as there was an account with administrative properties i could gain full access to those folders. Thanks for all the help though and you can bet that ill be postin more and more. thanks

hi. i have another problem. alright my younger sibling came to and told me that every time he tried to play his game it would freeze and display that the vtdisp.dll has stopped. i checked the game and our system seems to meet all of the requirements. even with our via unichrome s3g integrated graphics card. it has the same system requirements of this other game we have and that one runs smoothly. i did some research and i could not find anything that would help. is it really time to get a real graphics card or is there some other fix?

If the game has the system specs you have on your PC it shouldn't be doing that. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Find out where that dll is on your system, if its part of the game check for update patches, if its in the windows folders update graphics drivers.

Perhaps do both anyway.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

Take a look at this:

http://forums.viaarena.com/messagevi...&enterthread=y

There are links to the driver updates. Also, note the comment about having hardware acceleration turned on or off

To be honest, if you want to play games (apart from very simple or old stuff) you really would be better off with an independent graphics card. In my experience the onboard sound chipset is usually adequate, but the graphics are generally not that brilliant.

I think that your issue is most probably the drivers, but I would still look at a graphics card. Remember that you should balance to your system......... like putting a $500 video card in a $500 computer is pretty much a waste of money

sorry about not gettin back to you guys sooner. i recently moved again and did not have the internet. i downloaded the via hyperion pro driver set but i cant figure out how to work it right. i think installed it in the right place but im not sure. i dont kno how its supposed to work but i havent seen any changes yet. can u guys help? also my computer far surpasses the system requirements of most of the games that i have. except for the graphics card which is right on par. should not be lagging in performance. i dont kno what the problem could be but my computer doesnt seem to play games as good it should be. my brothers laptop plays it better and has a whole ghz less. but he does have a 128 mb igp. so does that mean a game will run faster on a computer with higher graphics memory? but still if u guys kno of any performance tweaks i will greatly appreciate it. thanks for all the help and support u guys have given and again i am truly sorry for not gettin back sooner.

p.s. a cheap graphics card doesnt look to bad right about now. im honestly tired of foolin with it. if this doesnt work i think im gonna fold and buy a real one. thanks again