Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Banned ?

Nothing, he changed the title himself. He's in the senior registered user group, which has that permission

Just to confuse the whole issue, lol
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

LOL, yep. If this were Sicily we'd have him kneecapped for that.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    How many people do you know that actually read the AUP? I'd rather watch paint dry!
    So you never read the AUP here? It's the defacto way to list your dos and don'ts. A littl icon or two words does not convey the message appropriately or entirely.

Anyway, I'm done.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I've read a lot of forum AUPs in my time. I don't think I fall foul of them anyway, it's mostly common sense. And if I did, I'm sure it would be pointed out pretty quickly!

I was mainly commenting on general forum behaviour. Most people register then jump in with a post - they're more likely to read the announcements and stickies at the top of a particular forum section than the AUP which comes with the forum software normally. I wasn't being 100% serious in any case with that comment
    Last edited by Moira; December 29th, 2006 at 11:26 PM.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Unfortunate it happens to be very true, however. People almost never read the AUP.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I guess I'm a dying breed. I always read AUPs just like I always read the terms of service, loan contracts, EULAs.....

Off I go to read.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I can relate to that..............we expect our users to read, understand and obey don't we?

We are also custodians of the SLAs and EULAs that our organisations enter into?

Quote Originally Posted by thehorse13

I guess I'm a dying breed. I always read AUPs just like I always read the terms of service, loan contracts, EULAs.....

You are most certainly not a "Dying breed!" I'm of the same mind set. This is probably due to my many years of service to the Crown. You're probably influenced by your employer too! Heh!

Come to think about it, I've always wanted to know exactly what I'm signing up to.
    Tomorrow is another day for yesterdays work!

I'll roger up on reading before I sign as well!!

It would be most interesting to find out how many people actually read the Policies. Let's put something in there like: You will bring all your riches to the king so that he may do with them as he sees fit. You must be able to grow a decent beard before using this product. You must sacrifice your left .... upon the first login. (and so forth.....)

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.