Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread and post ratings???

AOs Resident Troll

Thread and post ratings???

Well I have looked around a bit....

and cannot figure out the ratings of a thread or post...other then stars

I would like to see how a thread or post is rated by the community...

Can anyone enlighten me....I and back off to search around...

Am I just missing it...or is that not a feature anymore??

anyhoo...... I like the fact I can see who has given me reps now....I would like to see my given rep stats....

I keep getting...you must spread them around...but I give them so rarely now...

I cant remember

I know the whole AP\Rep thing may be done away with...but I do believe it serves a function sometimes

Just thoughts

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

My default view shows the 'stars' on the thread title (Ie, if I search for today's posts). Just looks like it isn't being used much (I rated this thread to make sure I remembered correctly) As far as the rating by the community, think its more or less a weighted average (I'd hope) or perhaps just a normal average...

Dunno, maybe some people could rate the thread and see how it handles the aggregate...

EDIT: Interestingly enough, after I posted my response the thread rating disappeared...not sure what is up with that...(I rated post before I responded).
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

The thread rating is plainly visible. Individual posts cannot be rated except by adding to the user's reputation.

AOs Resident Troll
    What about recent reps given...

MLF

If you're in the senior registered group (2yrs, 500 posts, rep of 1000) then you can click the white "scale" on your own post to see what it was given by way of rep pts and by whom. Registered users can only see the rep pts, not who left them

AOs Resident Troll
    The problem I am having is giving them out because I must spread them around...and ...due to my old age cannot remember whom I have given them to.....

there used to be a section on APs given out , when and to whom....that is what I am looking for

MLF

No, there is no such screen in this version, I'm afraid, at least not that I know of. This is a new version for me too. There's still a few things I'm yet discovering about it.

Personally I'm not sure I like rating systems. It's annoying when you read something written about one of your posts where someone clearly just doesn't understand a situation. For instance, I got an anti point because some unknown user discovered my account had been inactive for years and saw my current points and accused me (or someone else, it was a bit of a rambling comment) of antipoint abuse! Like, I could have avoided that by not getting my accounts merged, and it wouldn't have made me a different personality.

I've also known people (on other forums) register several nicks just to build up reputation on one account. It's so open to random use/abuse the only way to take it is with a pinch of salt.

Same with thread ratings. There are many threads I've thought are really good but I've completely forgotten to rate them. It doesn't mean they aren't in the same class as another thread someone has made a point of giving 5 stars to.
    Last edited by Moira; December 27th, 2006 at 09:13 PM.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

I concur. I've always been against their use, however on forums where they were enabled before I got here, I've left them. But on 27 of our 30 forums that I manage, they're disabled.

My personal viewpoint here..................

The thread points is from 1-5 where 1 is "terrible" and 5 is "excellent" ??????????????

That seems somewhat illogical to me?........... no points is indifferent, and all gold stars should be positive............ unless you want to default every post to the mid-point?