Thread: Belkin Router hardtime, alot of problems!

Threaded View

Belkin Router hardtime, alot of problems!

Hello u guys ^^, hows the holidays? only wish the best for everyone! well, instead of being "confee" watching these horrible christmas shows i decided to finaly buy a wireless kit to build a home network without cables and "2 much hassle", so i thought..

i bought a Belkin Wireless G Router 2.4Ghz - 802.11g and two wireless Conceptronic PCI cards, both the router and the cards at 54Mbps (since i live in a small apartment).

I only have two pc´s.

yesterday night i managed to get it all to work, but since today the connection was getting disconected both on the host and the other machine, wich is boring cause i wasnt hoping for any of these troubles after i install them.

anyway u guys, i started to read the manuals (yes, i did read them and searched on the web for info, but since im not network expert i finaly had to give up and ask for help from the pro´s), and i found the address to config the router with the browser, and i was messing around (not much though) and i enabled the option "router as access point" or something similar, after that..hell brake lose, nothing worked anymore..at all! so wich i did was, reset the router factory settings, like the manual said, clicked on the back reset button for 10 seconds.

the thing is, now the internet light is always blinking, when i type the address on the browser nothing appears, when i try the easy install with the cd the cd says it cant make a connection with the router.

i tried all other options, turn of the cable modem for 5 minutes, turn of the router, turn of the pc.

turn on the modem, the router then the pc, i checked the cables everything seams fine :S

i dont know what else to do, since i reseted the router for the factory settings everything is messed up.

Im sorry if this was alot of text, but i whanted to give out the most information i can remember, if more info is necessary please say so.

thanks guys for the patience and for reading this request for help.

EDITED by me

the cable modem is a Thompson and is USB connected, so i installed the router this way:

- ethernet cable connected to the modem, then to the green ethernet jack on the router and i installed one of the wireless conceptronic 54Mbps on the host machine (this one)

cheers to u all
    Last edited by The_Crow18; December 26th, 2006 at 11:21 PM.