Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread and post ratings???

I'm not sure, nih. On most of the forums, no one bothers to use it. Or perhaps I've just never noticed (also possible).

I think that you are right Joe....................... I only used it once when we were trying out the new vBulletin..............

I cannot get my head around having 5 gold stars when 1 is a bad rating?

The rating system itself is something I never bothered about, just like reputation pts. If you spend any amount of time on a forum, you very quickly learn who is respected and who knows what they're on about. To me, the entire rating concept is an artificial means of trying to go about this, and it's too easily corrupted and abused

I know - doesn't make sense really. Unless you adopt the system hotels have, where even 1 star is better than no stars at all.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

I think we should double the choices, have 1-5 stars for positive, 1-5 raspberries for negative

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    I think we should double the choices, have 1-5 stars for positive, 1-5 raspberries for negative
    Sounds good, will the 5 raspberries equal suicide status? and have the thread locked?
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I think we should just drop the thread rating system myself. It's pretty meaningless. I don't see a thread with 5 stars and think "I must read that". I read what I think I can contribute to. In fact I'd probably be more inclined to read a thread with 5 raspberries out of curiosity!
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

I was just joking, dalek. I tend to agree with Moira, I think it's useless. I've been visiting forums for yrs and have yet to even bother looking at a thread's rating. If the topic looks interesting, I read it. If not, I don't.

Well, nobody seems to be using it, so I suppose it doesnt really matter?

Like yourself, Joe, I have never paid much attention to thread ratings in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    I was just joking, dalek. I tend to agree with Moira, I think it's useless. I've been visiting forums for yrs and have yet to even bother looking at a thread's rating. If the topic looks interesting, I read it. If not, I don't.
    Oh you kidder you.... but I somewhat agree with both you and Moira, however there are some members who because of S & M tendacies do gravitate to the thread about to go suicide, just so they can even out their points.(used to is the operative word I guess) But yeah ratings aren't what they are cracked up to be, I mean Norton gets great (self imposed ratings) but I avoid like the plague, or some sites get zilch, yet their content is interesting and allows the reader to make their own conclusions.

To each their own...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson