Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thread and post ratings???

We can let things be as they are for the present. The ratings shouldn't bother those of us who don't use/look at them. And voting a thread down doesn't lock it in this version, as it did in the past one. That was a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    Personally I'm not sure I like rating systems. It's annoying when you read something written about one of your posts where someone clearly just doesn't understand a situation. For instance, I got an anti point because some unknown user discovered my account had been inactive for years and saw my current points and accused me (or someone else, it was a bit of a rambling comment) of antipoint abuse!
    I never liked it, particularly. I was around back when the AntiPoint system was introduced, and there was much debate and controversy about it...meh...deal with it. We couldn't change JP's mind, and the current admins still like it, so...MEH. It's just an online forum, after all...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

What current admins still like it? I hate the thing, but I'm not a tyrannical despot. Unless a majority of the membership votes to get rid of it, I have to leave it be.