Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Dead Systems in a year and a half

I am afraid that I am not a fan of Belkin kit............... same as PCChips motherboards IMHO

As was already posted, a dodgy UPS can cause a lot of damage, as bad as a dodgy PSU in my experience.

All I can suggest is you check what you can recover and move on. It seems to have killed the MoBo?

yeah the mobo is dead, I had another one laying around though very simple and i lost alot of my funtionality with this one.. all other hardware checks out fine. At the high point of use the ups supported one 550w antech true power... 500w mad dog psu and one 21" monitor. That monitor died about a month before the system went.. I think the UPS is the issue
    ...."Cant stop the signal Mel, Every thing goes some where and i go every where."...... "From here to the eyes and the ears of the verse, thats my motto or might be if i start having a motto" - Mr. Universe "Serenity"

Hmmm..............

Time to check your documentation I think?

That model should have come with a 3 year warranty and $300,000 (possibly Canadian) guarantee on the attached equipment.

You might at least be able to claim for your losses?.................. I wouldn't take up the offer of the replacement UPS though