Newbie Intro - Anti-Counterfeiting Member

Thread: Newbie Intro - Anti-Counterfeiting Member

Newbie Intro - Anti-Counterfeiting Member

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been working in product anti-counterfeiting on the Internet since 1995 and I am a founding member if the IACC Internet Committee (www.iacc.org).

Much of my work overlaps into many different areas (spam, phishing, black hat SEO, etc.). So if there is anything you think we can help each other on, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to posting.
    Rob Holmes

IPCybercrime.com LLC
    101 E Park Blvd. #457 | Plano, TX 75074
    (972) 422-2100 Ext. 701
    www.ipcybercrime.com

Hey chap ... nice to have you here as long as you are what you say you are. ;-)
    Use the Roll Call forum for self introduction. By the way, the title of your thread is pretty funny! :-)

http://antionline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

THANKS! So many forums, it's a bit confusing for a new guy. It's difficult to figure out who reads what forums, etc. I'll get there!
    Rob Holmes

IPCybercrime.com LLC
    (972) 422-2100 Ext. 701
    www.ipcybercrime.com

Hi,

Over here (UK) we have the Trading Standards Authority who are backed by the local police and our IRS/Customs outfit, so we have a whole public law enforcement combined organisation, as well as trade associations and major vendors.

Counterfeiting is a criminal offence rather than a breach of copyright matter, which would be a civil offence.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Hi,

Over here (UK) we have the Trading Standards Authority who are backed by the local police and our IRS/Customs outfit, so we have a whole public law enforcement combined organisation, as well as trade associations and major vendors.

Counterfeiting is a criminal offence rather than a breach of copyright matter, which would be a civil offence.

Yes, in the States as well. LE doesn't have enough man-hours to handle so many white-collar offenses, so the brand owners often kick in the $$ to hire private agencies (like mine) to assist.
    Rob Holmes

IPCybercrime.com LLC
    (972) 422-2100 Ext. 701
    www.ipcybercrime.com

Ah!............... over here we have these "Trading Standards" people who I don't think that you have?

They deal a lot with counterfeiting, and only really need LE as an "arresting officer", so the onus is not too great on LE.

The other lot are tax people and have powers as good as or better than your IRS

Our private outfits just gather data and pass it to the "forces of darkness"

They do overseas intelligence though, as most of this stuff is imported...........MI6 are busy these days?

AH! we also use the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force, which I consider to be quite proper, given that we buy them all those expensive toys to play with?