Thread: Google Toolbar for Firefox Extension - where is it?

Question Google Toolbar for Firefox Extension - where is it?

I have on my firefox profiles, an extension called Google Toolbar for Firefox 2.1.2.0060807W, which is very useful. It has among other things, Autofill, which is great and works with Firefox 2. However when I was updating other user profiles recently I needed to find this extension and couldn't seem to get it anywhere. There's a Google Toolbar for Firefox but it doesn't look the same as mine, nor does it have Autofill. The separate Autofill extension isn't apparently compatible with Firefox 2.

My own profiles have continued to keep this extension because I've copied the profile across from other PCs from Application Data. I can't do that for other users though - not unless I wanted to then go round deleting all my bookmarks etc from what would become their profiles.

I don't want users to go back to IE because they can use Autofill there on the Google Toolbar but I'm wondering if this particular extension is no longer around. I've looked through Application Data but I can't see a safe way of transferring what would definitely be that particular extension across to another user's profile - can anyone help?
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Just Another Geek
    Autofill? You mean saved form information? That's build in..
    Google search is also build in. Popup blocker too.. Why do you need the Google toolbar?

If you really want it goto http://toolbar.google.com and download it.
    Last edited by SirDice; January 2nd, 2007 at 03:35 PM.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Just Another Geek
    Hehe.. phish was faster then me..

took me a couple of seconds to open a new tab and type google toolbar on google search...
    Oliver's Law:

I was searching Firefox entensions ... failing to realise it was actually nothing to do with Mozilla. They produce a googlebar, but it isn't as good. I tried to find this toolbar for a long time - if you're implying I was lazy then think again. Useless maybe ... unwilling to do any work, NO.

I'd be interested to know where the built in autofill is? The other features I agree, I wouldn't download a whole toolbar just to search google or prevent popups.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Just Another Geek
    I have to get back on this one.. Autofill != saved form information.. They basicly do the same but IIRC the autofill actually fills in a complete form whereas the saved form information will only 'remember' what you filled in previously per textbox.

I wasn't implying you were lazy, I merely noted phish posted the url before me because I had to search for it after I made my original post.
    Last edited by SirDice; January 3rd, 2007 at 05:34 PM.
    Oliver's Law:

Ah ok. Yes, saved form information does often present me with the details I previously put into an online form. However, I've got the toolbar I want now and I've added it to every user's profile (on 3 computers!). Thanks for the info - my mistake was in not realizing this wasn't a Firefox extension.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Moira: This is kind of offtopic...
    Another great FF extension that nobody should be without: Web Developer
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/

I use it just about everyday to block images, block flash, show form info, view source (make it open in notepad ++), autofill forms, disable CSS, etc. It's one of the best extensions I've ever come across. AND, I'm not even a web developer.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Thanks! I've installed this extension - it looks useful.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Useful thread; made me update firefox and addons :P
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein